Lydia

addie

"...You really think you can say that to me, you son of a bitch! You have no reason to talk to me like that." I roll my eyes at my mother and Daniel's third fight in the past two days. They've barely been together for almost two years, and they're already hating each other? Iconic.

"Yeah, Hayes, I'll call you later... Love you." I quickly hang up the phone, making my way up the stairs.

Lydia sat at the end of the stairs, staring off into the bland white wall in front of the steps. Her usual attire of slutiness was replaced by a huge t-shirt and leggings, hair up in a messy bun. Curious, I lean in front of her.

Waving my hand in front of her face, I mutter an 'are you okay?' to her. She snaps out of her trance, blinking up at me.

"I, uh, mhm." she mumbles, looking down.

Genuinely feeling bad, I sit next to her. "Are you sure? I know we haven't been getting along, but you can talk to me."

"I just don't want him to leave her. He used to be so happy." she whispered, slightly leaning her head on my shoulder.

Slightly taken aback, I answer. "If they're not happy, you can't fix anything. It's just how it's supposed to be; they can't force themselves to love each other. It'll only hurt them, and it will hurt us, too."

"I'm so sorry." she bursts into tears, fully leaning into my shoulder. "I'm sorry for making you miserable and not letting you in. Lillie told me to, and I just did it. It's a shitty excuse, but I have always wanted to know you as a person, but I'm just such a bitch, and I'm so sorry." she sobs.

My heart breaks at her words, my arms instinctively wrapping them around her fragile body. I shush her and tell her it really is okay.

"It's not okay. I feel so horrible." she sniffles, wiping at her eyes.

"Then let's start over." I smile lightly, lifting her head up. I stick my hand out, "I'm Addie."

She smiles, "Lydia. Can-Can we be friends?" she hesitantly asks.

"Of course."

I get tackled into a hug, laughing at how excited she was. We both stood up, smiling at each other.

I know, I'm stupid for letting her apologize so quickly. Now that I think about it though, Lydia isn't as big of a bitch as Lillie is. Sure, she wasn't the nicest of people, but she did admit that Lillie put her up to this. Although she did apologize, I still have a guard up just in case.

"Can we, ya know, talk? I want and need a sister that actually cares about what I have to say." she said uneasily.

"Of course."

So that's what we did. We talked and talked for hours. Her telling me what she actually thought about the image she perceived, while I was astound at how many band shirts and stuff that actually covers her up was in her closet. I knew something was going on that she wouldn't let me wash her clothes.

She told me how she really felt about what she and Lillie did to me. She absolutely hates Lillie, because even though she was her sister, she never really cared about Lydia as a person.

"I really am sorry. I bet you think I'm trying to play you or something." she looks down awkwardly at her hands.

"To be honest, I was thinking that. Still kind of am, but there are things you showed me that I didn't think was you." I smile, telling her what I really thought about all of this.

"I totally understand, I would feel the exact same way. I was just so sick of everything, though. Lillie literally bossed me around constantly, telling me to 'ruin your life'. There were so many times I wanted to tell you and I wanted to hang out with you and your friends. I saw the real me in you; all I wanted to be was your friend. I want to be as happy as you are." her voice quivers.

"Well, I'm about to go to the diner with Brooke, Nash, Hayes, and one of Hayes' friends if you want to come." I smile at her.

Her face brightens, "Really?" I nod, "Yeah, for sure. Just let me change."

We go into my room where I grab an old t-shirt and leggings, throwing them on quickly. We walk out of my room and down the stairs where Lillie was stood in the kitchen.

"Come on Lydia, we're going t-why are you with her?" her face turned hard at the sight of me. "I thought I told you to throw those fucking clothes away, God, you're an idiot."

"I'm not fucking following you around anymore. I'm my own person, and Addie has the potential to be an actual friend and sister, unlike you." Lydia seethed, grabbing her purse from the counter and walking to the living room.

Lillie looks at her dumbfounded, then back at me. I shrug and wave, saying a goodbye while walking out.

Lydia is talking to my mother and her dad in the living room, probably telling them where we're going. My mother sees me and smiles, I smile back. "We're going to the diner, then probably to Brooke's or something."

They wave while we walk out of the door. Both of us hop into my car, driving out of the neighborhood once it's on.

"Are you sure your friends won't hate me? I know they know what I've done to you." Lydia says quietly from next to me.

" They'll understand. They don't really hold grudges." I smile at her reassuringly. Yeah, they might be hesitant at first, but when Lydia starts to be her actual self, they'll see what I've seen these past few hours of getting to know her.

The two of us spent the drive in a comfortable silence. Once we made it to the diner, I heard Lydia let out a shaky breath which made me laugh.

"What?" she chuckles, unbuckling her seat belt. "Don't be nervous! They're just my friends." "Yeah, the friends who hate my guts." I look over at her sympathetically.

"It'll be fine." I smile.

The two of us walk into the diner, looking around for my group of friends. Hayes sees only me, coming up and pecking my cheek. He looks over and sees Lydia, offering her a smile and asking me who she was. I giggled, telling him that it was Lydia.

His face was a mix of realization and confusion. "Uh, hi." Everyone at the table just stared at her, making me feel defensive towards her.

"You guys, she'll tell you the story she told me. If you guys don't want to believe her, then don't. But I do, and I think she has the potential to be our friend." I cross my arms and smirk.

They all kind of smiled as we both sat down and Lydia tells them the whole story. All of my friends finally realize what has actually been happening and look at her somewhat sympathetically and understanding, though I could see all of their guards are up.

Hayes' friend, James, looks at her and smiles; he tells her that she looks better in the clothes she's in now with no makeup on rather than what she dressed like before. Of course, she blushes and mumbles a small thanks, making Brooke and I giggle at his attempt to flirt.

"Let's order. I'm starved." "You are not starved, Hayes, you're merely hungry. Children in Africa are starved." "Really, babe?"

~

Happy New Year, my lovely buttercups!!

Hope you like that there won't be any conflict between one of the twins and Addie anymore, I like the idea really(:

just so you know, the picture above is me and one of my sisters holding hands over the love that we saw while doing a "photo shoot" at a graffiti park 💖 I absolutely love it and her

on another note........

I've been reading lots of Harry Styles fanfic........halp my feels.

The One Direction fandom has some really talented writers ❤️

QOTD: New Year's resolutions?
AOTD: idk yet to be honest

xx

🌻