I N T E R M I S S I O N T W O

—

James Hargreeves was the happiest boy that could exist. And he had wonderful caring parents as well. They loved him as any parent would to their child. Unlike other children, he couldn't be spoilt with toys, clothes, or games. But that didn't matter when none of that existed in the first place. He brought so much happiness to the married couple. Even when they thought nothing could bring back a sense of such joy. But he did. Every day until his last.

Eight Hargreeves couldn't live with herself when she had to bury her child. It cracked her heart to the point where she cried every day for weeks. And nothing Five said would calm her down. She refused to speak, to eat, and step out of the broken home. She missed her bundle of joy. She missed the stress that she went through those nine months carrying him. The joy she and Five had when they found out she was pregnant.

It had been a few months since Five and Eight reunited. Together they traveled hoping to find any life anywhere. But to no avail. Life after whatever happened here was no more. The only life left was, plants and the non destroyed supplies in many stores.

The two were the happiest they could be. Glad to be reunited once more. The teenagers back together and enjoy every moment they had. That meant they enjoyed each other's company in more ways than one.

Eight walked past many stores and nothing seemed well enough to eat. But suddenly she brought her hand up to her mouth as she gagged on nothing. She paused hunching over in case she was about to puke.

"You alright? Love?" Five asked as he rubbed his hand on her back as she gagged more.

"Yeah—" She replied, going to stand up but quickly doubled down when she puked all over the ground. Groaning at the gross feeling.

It wasn't the first time this happened. For the next following week, Eight would pause in whatever they were doing and began puking terribly. The two thought she might have a stomach bug, but it was much farther than a stomach bug.

Then one morning when Eight woke up in a small intact home, she removed the blanket over herself and walked over to a mirror that wasn't too shattered on the wall. She looked at herself and noticed a few changes in her body after a while of staring. Eight moved her hands up to her breast and furrowed her eyebrows. How are they bigger? She asked herself as she noticed them looking more plump than usual. Slowly she trailed her hands down to her tight shirt and lifted it, then gasping. A small bump had formed on her stomach. It was mostly unnoticeable, but she could see it. That was the lucky thing about being skinny, that putting on weight could be easily spotted.

"Love are you okay?" Five said his voice slightly raspy as he got up and looked at her and put her shirt down through the cracked mirror.

Eight turned around and looked at him, "Do my boobs look bigger to you?" She asked bluntly, as she looked down.

Five's sight traveled down to her breast and looked at them. He raised both his brows and cocked his head. He got up and walked closer, this time hunching to take a better look at them. "Yeah? Why are you wearing a new bra you found?" he asked her standing back up straight.

"I think I'm pregnant," Eight blurted, biting her lip. Then reaching for his hands and placing them over her small bump.

Five's eyes widened when he felt the difference. He had seen and touched her enough times to know what she felt like. His eyes teared up at the news. Finally something good. He pulled her into a harsh and fast kiss. His girlfriend did not hesitate to kiss back. As they kissed Eight felt his hands travel up north.

Breaking the kiss slightly, he grinned, "They feel bigger too, that for sure," He said, making her giggle, pulling him back into the kiss.

Over the next months, Eight continue to grow in size. Her stomach is big, and her attitude as well. Five at times couldn't spend moments without her being annoyed, horny, or moody. God, he wished this baby would come soon.

Besides Eight's grumpy moods, the ride with having this child was everything. She got to feel what being a mother felt like. She was already protective of the child even if he hadn't been born yet. She couldn't wait to meet the child that keeps her away at night, which makes her need to pee all the time. Eight was excited to meet whatever was inside her.

Soon enough it was exactly that moment. Five had been scared out of his mind in the small home they had found. He was nearing ripping his hair out as he heard his girlfriend's screams in pain. He had no experience in childbirth obviously. So Eight had to be the one to educate him on how to make sure this child would be born safely. He listened of course, but every moment that a contraction hit and she began to yell, he began to grow more anxious. No training his father had put them through would ever prepare him for this.

At last, Eight was laying on the couch. Her legs propped up as she pushed and screamed. Five encouraged her to watch as the child's head came out of his girlfriend's body. Eight was sweating as she finally heard baby screams surround her.

Five had pulled the child out and wrapped him in a small blanket they had found, "It's a boy," He told her as he looked at the brilliant blue eyes of the boy. He handed the child over to Eight as she was now breathing regularly.

Eight grabbed the bundle of a baby and smiled at the sight, "He's beautiful," she whispered as she looked at his eyes that matched theirs.

"What are we going to name him?" Five asked as he kneeled beside the two watching the baby fall into a peaceful sleep.

"James?" Eight offered to turn to look at him.

Five smiled and nodded, "James it is," he responded, leaning in to give her a light kiss.

The next few years were pure bliss. The growth of the child was wonderful. And his laughter brightened their days. Just as his cries darkened them. Luckily little James was more good than bad. He was able to learn how to use his powers somewhat when the couple learned he had them. Whenever he could he would blast things with his mind, giggling as it tumbled.

Five Hargreeves missed his son, one of the joys in his life. When his girlfriend fell into the deep depression, he couldn't help but fall into it himself. He distracted himself, by walking away from the home, and try and find anything. Sometimes he would walk to the library and began reading books at a time, to try and get his mind off the loss. But sometimes his anger got the better of him. He would throw things, and yell out in frustration. After he had calmed down he'd walk to James' grave and sit and talk with him.

After months of course they would begin to see the future rather than the past. They no longer talked about the boy, but they never forgot him. Times where the name would slip, one of two would burst into tears. So from then on, they never mentioned the name to anyone. Even when they worked in the Commission, not once did they bring up his name. But obviously, the time had to come when his name was finally brought up and didn't cause sadness. The next time he was seen, he helped his own mother control the abilities they both never could. James left them with his final good-bye. A good one this time.