E P I S O D E 0 0 0 5

𝔑𝔲𝔪𝔟𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢 & 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

𝔑𝔲𝔪𝔟𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔳𝔢 & 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

ASH still floated through the sky. Raining the painful reality that earth is no longer the same, but rather engulfed in flames. Five walked alone with a cart in hand, a bundled-up mannequin to join him as he walked up a long trail of cement. The cracked surfaces made his cart creak and tumble. Eight had left for the early years of the apocalypse, the two had gotten into a fight, and she took her belongings and left for good. Living her life in hell alone, just as Five did.

There was no denying that Eight didn't miss her ex-boyfriend during those years, but with the isolation, she was able to find herself ajusting to these new times. She was able to fend for herself, from many things that the world threw at her. Along with the time, she saw earth begin to take back what was hers. Plants, roots, bushes, and seasons began to return. It was like the human race had never graced the earth. Something so beautiful about seeing new life start once more.

As the blonde roamed the empty streets and plains, no longer a child but teenagers with a responsibility to stay alive. It was a lucky day for nineteen-year-old Eight when she found a working motorcycle. She was able to fix it up enough to where she gathered her stuff and rode off to find her old partner. It wasn't longer than a week that it took her to find him. Being as he was the only other human that lived on what was once earth. She hoped to rekindle their falonship.

Five had been lying on the ground, their hands holding the sniper close to him, in case of any danger. That was until he heard a distant growling noise. It didn't sound like any animal to him, but rather a machine. But what machine could be running during these times. Quickly he jumped to his feet and had his hands on the trigger.

"Shh," Five signed to the mannequin who was against the wall, who obviously wasn't going to say anything—I mean—

The growling halted, and footsteps coming closer could be heard. Crunching underneath booths was an easy sound to call. He wanted to see what walked, but who else would be on this earth, who survived? Five moved closer to the shadows of the broken building. Gun steady in his hands, as a finger was floating before the trigger.

A figure walked past the doorway, it was obvious that it was a woman, by the way, her clothes fit her body. The long coat hugged tightly against her waist as a similar gun was strapped onto her back. Five was quick to get up and swing his gun at her, but she disappeared through a portal quick enough and tripped him from behind with a lasso.

Five groaned and turned to his back and looked at the woman who had removed her face covering, "Eight?" Five gasped in disbelief, her face as youthful as he remembered it.

"Five?" she gasped, her hands making the glowing lasso disappear at the sight of her old lover.

The young man quickly dropped his gun and stood up, pulling the familiar blue-eyed girl into a tight hug. One so tight that he was afraid that if he pulled away she wouldn't be there.