Search

A/N: Over 3400 words! This one was a fierce plot bunny bite.

Enjoy the read, you awesome supportive people 😉

sawyerdavenport I made the deadline! 🎉
Also to meimei, Sooye0nie from twt, this one is for you - what you're waiting for is in this chapter ☺️

Once again, strict warnings apply. If you hate graphic descriptions of drowning, the idea of people being separated, or come close to death, or are just a rude troll with intention to drag and shade authors, do yourself a favor and get out of my page at once.

————————————————————————

There was so much water.

So much, so much water.

Frigid cold, salty and overwhelming.

"Bin...Bin!" She mentally screamed, clutching desperately at the Crown Prince as his eyes closed, and went limp.

The undercurrent was pushing them further and further apart from each other; she kept reaching out, straining to hold his arm, but he kept drifting away.

"Bin, please, please wake up!" Her mind screamed helplessly. "Please, open your eyes!"

Her fingers grabbed at nothingness.

The oxygen deprivation was quickly getting to her; black dots were swirling in front of her eyes, multiplying rapidly.

Dots grew into splotches.

"Wait, please!"

Her fingertips brushed against something hard and cold, before a final burst of strength allowed her to wrap her hands around what she recognized as Hyun Bin's short sword.

Desperately, fueled by panic, she tugged on it to pull its owner closer to herself, but to no avail.

Even if they were to lose their lives in this instant, may they at least be together to accompany each other on the path to the netherworld.

The dark and yet blinding splotches grew.

"Bin!!" She was almost hysterical by now, thrashing and kicking for all she was worth against the unyielding currents.

It was futile; the darkness was creeping at an alarming speed into her vision.

Then, everything went dark.

"Bin!!"

Clawing at nothingness, Yejin opened her mouth, gasping for air, before instinctively sitting up and launching into a series of violent coughs.

Her eyes watered as she continued coughing - her body system wasn't used to this. Everything felt so foreign, as she woke up for the first time since jumping into the ocean.

"Oh dear, you shouldn't be sitting up!"

"Should I go get some water..?"

She could hear unfamiliar voices around her. Panic gripped the princess for a moment, only to ease slightly when she sensed no hints of hostility.

Fighting to regain her sight, Yejin instinctively brought a hand up to run the back of it across her aching, watery eyes.

It hurt so bad, and all she had tried to do was to open them.

Blinking furiously, the Princess strained to regain the use of her eyes. Her other hand felt frantically behind her for space, hoping to retreat to put more distance between herself and the voices.