Nirvana

"Please make me yours again..."

Again, her words held the power to make his heart clench in the most tangible of ways.

Who was he to refuse her?

If he had his way, he would take her every day, no matter day or night. Again and again, until they were both spent.

Hyun Bin nodded, before leaving the bed to blow out all the scented candles illuminating the interiors of the bed chamber.

Against the backdrop of silvery beams seeping through the gaps in the windows, Yejin once again took his breath away.

Her waist-length hair cascaded over her shoulders like a midnight waterfall, glistening like black onyx as lustrous moonlight reflected off it.

He returned to the bed, sitting opposite her.

Running the back of his fingers along the gentle curves of her flushed cheeks, Hyun Bin took his time in appreciating the beauty that was so generously displayed before his eyes.

In the darkness, with only moonlight for illumination, Yejin looked enigmatic, as nacreous moonlight and inky darkness battled for dominance on her face.

If it was a year ago, Hyun Bin would surely have been intimidated.

But by now, Yejin had become the mystery that he had learnt to read.

The more he delved into it, the more he liked it.

Everyone said the Princess of Nakrang was a bubbly, smiley and positive girl, but Hyun Bin knew better.

She had her complexities to herself; she always had a myriad, an abundance of emotions and thoughts in her mind.

It was his utmost privilege to know the various sides to his beautiful princess consort; it was his duty in this lifetime to be the one to witness, accept and understand her emotions.

To him, Yejin was just like the moon above - sometimes crescent, sometimes full.

To her, Hyun Bin was equally so.

His touch was soft, reassuring, reminding her of a warm blanket on a cold winter night. So very basic, but so essential.

It was hard to imagine, that these hands were the same ones that vanquished enemies, hands that virtually opened up a new future for the great Goguryeo.

Yejin instinctively leaned her cheek into Hyun Bin's touch, this was how it would always be - she would gravitate towards him, as certainly as winter would turn into spring.

With newfound ease, the couple undressed each other, their touch bolder with every passing second.

Layers by layers, garments were shed.

Layers by layers, defenses were shed.

They were soon naked on silk sheets, dressed in nothing but moonlight, trust and mutual desire.

This time round, there was none of that self-consciousness that plagued Yejin like the previous time.

It was unsettling how she was simply anticipating, waiting for Hyun Bin's touch.

Their garments, still retaining warmth, fell to the floor in sensual rustle.

The touch of naked skin on skin elicited gentle sighs of pleasure as the lovers reunited on their marital bed.

Cool silk sheets and hot skin formed delicious contrast, as Hyun Bin gently eased Yejin into lying on her back, before propping himself up on his elbow to look over her lithe form.