chapter 4 rewritten

Little did they know that they already helped him by making him feel cared for. Niall finally slept warm for the first time in a while with a small smile on his face.

Niall's pov 

I was woken up from my warm much needed sleep by my annoying alarm clock to read that it's 7 pm, Time to clean a school.... 

I get of my mattress and it takes me a few seconds to shake off the dizziness as I stand. I must have gotten a cold when I ran home from the office this morning. I smile at the jacket Louis kindly put over me but the smile soon fades when I remember it's probably only because of pity anyway because he does not like me even one bit. 

I shrug it off and decide that he must have left it for me to use so why not just wear it for today. I put the huge jacket over my shoulders and make my way out of my horrible apartment once again only this time I felt like my head was gonna explode any minute while my nose keeps running and I have an annoying cough. 

I would love to just lay down and sleep right now but I really need the money so there is now time the laze around sadly.  

I was almost at the school when I noticed a car driving next to me and I can't help but start panicking, they are gonna kidnap me and sell me! 

"Niall?" I look over to the car to see Louis sitting behind the wheel looking at me in confusion "Oh uhm h-" I couldn't finish my sentence because I started coughing like a crazy, even so bad that it made my legs shake. 

I hadn't even noticed that Louis had left his car until he put his hand on my shoulder "Niall what the fuck are you doing outside in this state! You should be in bed god damn it!" Louis spits out with an annoyed look on his face. 

I flinch at his harsh tone "I-I have to work sir?" I stutter out in between some coughs. Louis raises an eyebrow "Work?" I nod "I have 3 jobs now sir, It's a lot but I hope that it will give me some financial space." I give Louis who just shakes his head with a disappointed look on his face. 

"You are going home now! You are in no state to work besides having 3 jobs is too fucking much!" I shrug "I don't really have a choice..." "Of course you do! You work for me now! You can easily pay for your shitty apartment with you salary!" 

I look at Louis while chewing on my lip "W-well y-you won't keep me around s-so I would need to keep those two jobs just incase..." 

Louis gives me a look I can't describe, it almost seems like he's pitying me. "Well uhm ok then... But let me bring you home because you are sick and I need you to be better as soon as possible so you can work for me again." I give into what Louis says and let him lead me up to the car to bring me home. 

Louis parks his car in front of my apartment building and looks at me "You ok to walk up there alone?" I nod "Thank you for bringing me home." I give Louis a small smile and turn to open the door before turning back "D-do you want your jacket back?" Please say no please say no. 

Louis shakes his head "No it looks better on you. Now go and don't you dare turning up at work looking the way you do today." 

I nod at Louis' words and leave the car and walk off to my apartment only to find my door broken open, the inside of my apartment is completely trashed. My mattress is ripped open and the tiny bit of money that I hid away is also gone. 

My hand shake while my eyes tear up, I worked so hard for everything here but everything is gone now. 

Louis' pov 

I walk into the office with Harry right next to me holding my hand "Do you think he will show up?" Harry asks and I just nod "I mean he is stupid enough to do that but if he's sick I'm bringing him home and tie him to his fucking bed." 

Harry chuckles "Kinky." I roll my eyes at that "Shut up Harold I just fucked you this morning don't make me repeat it in our office." Harry just laughs it off and opens the door to our office for us and to my surprise I find Niall at his desk already. He doesn't look sick exactly but he looks like he hasn't slept at all. 

"G-good morning sirs, Your coffees are on your desk." Niall gives us a weak smile before turning back to his laptop. 

Harry and I just sit down at our desk without saying anything. 

I open my laptop to see that Niall has already send me my schedule for today and to my surprise it's a pretty quiet day, only two meetings over the phone and after that it's empty. I lean over to look at Harry's schedule to see it's pretty much the same as mine. 

"Seeing that we have a quiet day I suggest that we should go out for lunch together Hazz." I say with my eyes trained on Niall who seems to be very focussing on his laptop but I know he has been listening because I can hear his stomach rumble slightly which makes him turn bright red but he still doesn't look my way. 

"Good idea babe any idea where we should go?" Harry asks me and I can't help but smirk "No idea to be honest... Niall any idea where we should go?" 

Niall visibly freezes when I ask him that "I-I don't know sir, I have no idea what you like." 

"Yeah but what do you like?" I can't help but feel annoyed that he didn't just answer my question. 

"I like Italian I guess." I nod slowly "Ok Italian it is." 

Niall nods with a sad look on his face, I notice his lip quivering and his stomach rumbles again. 

Niall's pov 

By the time lunch came around my tummy was hurting a lot and I kept having to cover up the rumbles with awkward coughs that seemed to piss Louis and Harry off. 

"Niall you're on break for the next hour until we are back, do whatever you like just don't break anything." Harry says giving me a small smile before walking out hand in hand with Louis. 

I had been so focused on working that I hadn't noticed Harry and Louis walk back into the office until Louis started speaking. 

"Did you have a nice break?" I nod slowly "Y-yeah" such a lie, I haven't left this chair apart for the one time I had to use the bathroom.

"Good now get back to work." Louis spits out in an annoyed matter. 

He really dislikes me doesn't he? 

:)))

~~~Renée