promises to keep

There was a gentle pressure across his lips. The kind that was familiar, the kind that coaxed him in the mornings from the sweet dreams he travelled in. It made his lips tilt into a sleepy smile and a soft giggle echoed and the pressure went away. He frowned and a small whine came from him before those gentle lips gave him a quick buss on his own followed by a whisper.

"P'Zee~"

Sang gently, voice low, accompanied by fingers tracing the length of his nose in a soft caress.

"Wake up~" It followed, and with the enticing voice calling on to him, his eyes fluttered open. The soft glow of the morning sun greeting him, as a shadow casted over him before it blurred out and suddenly saw the reason for his happiness.

"Hmm, good morning." Zee croaked, smiling, eyes twinkling as the other man grinned widely.

"I have to go soon." Saint spoke lowly, face hovering above him. The whir of the air conditioning blew out cool air, the sound reminding him where he was. Zee shifted on the bed before pulling down the other man, garnering a yelp, so he lay on top of him.

"What time was it?" Zee asked, hand running through Saint's hair, bangs falling gently over his eyes.

"Almost seven, Phi will be here to pick me up in another half hour." Zee hummed, nodding. They stared at each other for a long while, but really was only a few minutes though it felt longer than that. Zee gazed at the familiar brown orbs, filled with soft fondness and a little bit of guilt and he sighed.

"It's okay." Zee murmured, hand cupping the other's face. Saint frowned, it made Zee's hands flit up to smooth it away. "Baby, it's really fine. I understand."

Saint huffed before he leaned down and pressed his lips against Zee's jaw, speaking into skin. "I know, but I still feel bad. I promised you, but I broke it anyway."

Zee smiled ruefully. It can't be helped. Thoughts spoken, Saint grunted in displeasure. Zee pressed his fingers against the back of Saint's neck in reassurance. "Hey. We spent my birthday on the day of anyway, that was more important don't you think?"

Saint was silent for a moment before he sat up, pouting. "Yes. But, this birthday fanmeeting is just as–"

"Shh. Hey. Work can't be helped alright? Besides," Zee smirked teasingly. "You have get out and work for me to be your kept man."

Saint rolled his eyes and laughed. "P'Zee!"

"What? You said you'd buy me a house, a car, a phone...Hmm and what else? So what do you call me then hmm?"

Saint pushed at his chest before Zee laughed again and pulled him back down, silencing his complaints with a kiss.

"Have a good day filming today, alright?"

––

After Zee bid Saint goodbye, instead of getting back in bed to doze off some more, he decided to just get ready since his day was going to start soon enough.

Every year, Zee's birthday, as much as he said he wasn't someone who gets too excited about it because honestly who wants to celebrate being a year older? Maybe when you were a kid and was impatient to be an adult, but as you reach adulthood, you wish you can stop time and stay a certain age. Of course, that wasn't possible. He wasn't Peter Pan.

Though when he met Saint, somehow birthdays became a big deal. Maybe because a part of it is due to the fact, that in his entire career, it was only recently that he made a name for himself. It just so happened that Saint entered his life precisely the same way. To be frank, he never expected such popularity being paired with Saint, nor did he expect this partnership, friendship, to be something more.