you make me dream everyday

"Oh no, Daddy is definitely not going to be happy."

"What am I not going to be happy with?"

Zee looks over guiltily at Saint, who had seen the mishap happen with his own eyes. The younger raised a brow trying to contain his laughter. Really, meals were always messy but more so with Zee attempting to feed their little girl.

"Daddy!" Saint immediately swooped down to carry Chantana, the little girl immediately cuddling into his neck and placed a sweet kiss on his cheeks, smudging food. Their daughter, for her namesake, was the most affectionate three year-old, though even when she was a baby, she's been nothing but that. Saint inhaled the unique baby smell of Chantana, or better known as Jee, and cuddled her closer.

"Did Papa try to feed you?" The little girl grinned, mouth messy with food. "You gave him trouble again didn't you?"

"Noooo~" Jee giggled as Saint tickled her stomach.

"Yes you did!" Zee exclaimed pouting, coming over to wrap his arms around them both and Saint leaned against his side. Angel only giggled before reaching over to place a messy kiss over her Papa's cheeks.

"Papa!" Her short arms outstretched and Saint gave her over, placing a kiss on her head before wiping Zee's cheek with a thumb. Winking at his husband, he went around the counter and tidied up the mess they called dinner.

"Nat's on his way." Zee said as he tried to clean Jee up as she continued to munch on some melon slice. The younger nodded, smiling.

Sometimes Saint can't believe it's been almost fifteen years, as he stopped to stare at his family. Can't even believe he has a family to call his own. Really, it was only ever a dream, but then as he remembered the memories from the past, getting together, getting engaged and eventually married, buying a house, then having their baby three years before, it felt all too surreal. But then Zee looked up and grinned at him before turning his attention back to their daughter and that's when Saint is brought back and his heart filled with so much love, that yes, this was his life and he's more than grateful.

When they decided to surrogate, they had already known the amount of sacrifice and effort they'd have to make. Having a baby wasn't something like having a pet. It was another human being, another person you are responsible to raise and love. Zee and Saint had always known they wanted kids; being family men, there were times they'd always offer to babysit Zee's niece or Saint's cousins, back when they were just dating. It was no surprise that they'd want to start a family together as well. Naming their daughter was easy as pie. From the get go, it had warmed Saint's heart that even as a baby, she was already so affectionate, always finding ways to show her affections through touch. Zee often joked that Chantana got it from Saint, considering he was the one they decided to be the father. The older also got to name Chantana as Jee, pouting that he'd like for her to have a semblance to his name. It was cute, so there was no arguments there either. As much as their baby life looked flawless, there were some downsides just like any other that starts a family.

It was a struggle at first, finding balance between work schedules and making a point that one of them was always home with Jee. But they made it work. Now they were here.

"Is her bag ready?" Saint asked, putting away the containers with leftovers before placing the dirty dishes in the sink to wash.

Zee placed Jee on her high-chair, letting her go back to eating; cleaning process back to zero. His husband walked over and leaned against the counter, smirking. "Yep, all that she could need are right in there. It's on the couch, I doubt you'll miss it."

Saint rolled his eyes at the sarcastic remark, before eyeing the couch, the Gucci diaper bag in plain sight with another duffle with her clothes. "I'm just making sure."