Chapter 17

Bixanna

Bixlow sat at his desk in his office, typing away at his keyboard. He was finishing up creating an itinerary for a large tour group coming in from the south next month.

Bixlow works for the Chamber of Commerce of Magnolia as an Events Planner and Coordinator. It's his job to know everything there is to know about what's going on in Magnolia to help keep the town's revenue up. He's also one of the best. He's been called up by both Fiore and Ishgar governments to assist in organizing events and consult on tourism projects. Bixlow is the best.

He sat back in his chair and stretched. It had been a long day but thankfully it was Friday. He glanced at the clock. It said 3:00 pm. Two and a half more hours until he was supposed to meet up with Lisanna. He had told her he would take her to dinner before the concert. She asked where so she knew to dress appropriately. He told her he couldn't tell her where because it was a surprise but just to wear whatever she planned to for the concert.

The next couple of hours went by and soon Bixlow was pulling up to Lissana's apartment. He walked up and knocked on her door. When she answered, Bixlow grinned. She had put neon blue streaks in her white hair. She was wearing black everything: ripped skinny jeans, motorcycle boots that went up to her knees with about 7 buckles, ripped-up crop top, fishnet elbow length gloves with the fingers cut off, a singular cross earring hanging from her left ear and a skull stud in her right ear.

"You ready to go?" he asked her.

"You know it!" she responded. The got into his purple 2018 Ford Mustang. The unique thing about his car is that it had neon green translucent flames starting from the front of the car and fading towards the rear. They drove off to the town the concert was to be held and pulled up to a classic looking diner that seemed to have very few cars in the parking lot.

"This place makes the best homemade food!" Bixlow told her. Lissana smiled, just happy to spend some time with someone who shared her interests. They walked up to the door and there was a sign that said "Closed for Private Party". Lissana's smile faded a bit.

"Oh, well that sucks. It's okay we can go-" she started. Bixlow grabbed her arm without turning. She looked confused. Bixlow grinned and knocked on the door. "But Bixlow, they said they're-" she was interrupted once more by a staff member opening the door and greeting them.

"Hello! We've been expecting you! The others have just put their orders in so you're right on time!" the host smiled.

"Thank you very much!" Bixlow said as she lead them through the restaurant. Lissana was now officially confused. She started hearing a lot of commotion and laughter as they rounded the corner. "Here we are! Please have a seat!"

"Bixy! Cuz! I missed you!" A tall man that had short black hair, pale skin, skinny jeans, a black tank top, an earring, and tattoos visible everywhere ran up to them. He embraced Bixlow in a hug and then turned his attention to Lissana, who stood there, paralyzed in shock. "Hi I'm Andy! It's nice to meet you, Lissana! Bixlow's told me a lot about you!" He hugged her as well.

"I-I-It's n-nice to m-meet you, t-too." Lissana said back. This was Andy Biersack, lead singer of the Black Veil Brides, her favorite band.

"C'mon and sit down! Let me introduce you to the rest of the guys! This is Jake, Jinxx, Lonny and Christian. Guys, you remember my cousin Bixlow and this is his girlfriend, Lissana." He said, pointing out each member. They greeted Bixlow and Lissana as they were introduced.

"Oh, I'm not-" Lissana was cut off for the third time tonight.

"It's great to see you guys again. Can't wait for the show tonight!" Bixlow said as he pulled Lissana's chair out for her and sat down next to her. The waitress took their orders and left the group to chat amongst themselves.

"That reminds me." Andy said as he reached behind in his jacket and handed a glossy pass with a band lanyard to each of them. Lissana thanked him and looked at the object. He eyes widened.

"OH MY GOD! A BACKSTAGE PASS?" she shouted. " I am so sorry! I am really trying hard not to completely flip out and fan girl but it's really hard." She said with a laugh. The guys just laughed with her and told her that it was no problem. The group continued to talk until their food came to them. They enjoyed their meals and Lissana was able to relax considerably. When dinner was done, they made their way back to Bixlow's car as they were told to go ahead and just follow the tour bus.

Bixlow and Lissana arrived at the venue and were given instructions on where to go with the backstage pass.

"This is amazing! Thank you so much!!" Lissana hugged him around the waist.

"It's not a problem, really. Andy's always hype when I'm able to come to a show, so he was more than willing." Bixlow told her.

"Still, this is more than I ever expected to happen tonight. Thank you!!" Lissana kissed his cheek and then looked shocked. "I'm sorry." Bixlow just smiled and then put his hands around her waist and pulled her close. He leaned down and kissed her full on the lips.

"No apology needed." He said gently and smiled. Lissana threw her arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips once more. She was so happy. No one had ever done so much for her before. Bixlow was easy to talk to, they had a lot in common and she just felt at ease with him. He just made her feel so warm. The concert started and Bixlow and Lissana watched form backstage. She had the time of her life. Not only did she get to see her favorite band, she got to eat dinner with them and got backstage passes! Before they left, Jinxx stopped them and handed them a big box.

"Don't forget your swag, guys!" he told them. Lissana looked confused. She opened the box and inside were jackets, t-shirts, autographed CD's and posters, lanyards, wrist bands and more concert exclusive merchandise. Lissana started crying.

"H-hey are you alright?" Bixlow asked her.

"This has been one of the greatest nights of my life! You really didn't have to do all of this!" she cried.

"I told you already, it was no big deal." He tried to console her.

"But it was for me! You don't understand! My sister and brother have worked all their lives to try and support me and when I was old enough I worked as much as I could to try and support myself so they could finally live the life they deserved! I was saving months to get this ticket and you've made this night so wonderful! So thank you, from the bottom of my heart!" she told him.

Bixlow put his finger under her chin and forced her to look at him. He gave her a sweet kiss and looked her in the eye.

"Nothing, and I mean nothing, is ever too much for you. I will not degrade you by telling you to stop working and let me pay for all your wants and needs. I think I know you well enough to know that you wouldn't let me even if I wanted to, and believe me I do. But I respect you. And I still want you to be happy, so if it's within my power, I want to do it. It would make me happy if you'd let me. And It would make me even happier, if you'd be my girlfriend." Lissana's head shot up, eyes wide, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"You want to be with me? Really?" she asked him. 'Well, that wasn't the reaction I thought I'd get.' He thought to himself.

"I'm able to be myself around you. You don't run away at the sight of my scar. You're into the same freaky shit I am and if you do agree to be my girlfriend, I can show you a hell of a good time over and over again. Lissana, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked her.

"YES!" she said as she threw herself at him and kissed him passionately. Bixlow was happy, truly happy. He wanted to show this girl everything he had to offer her. And he hoped she would let him.