Chapter Seventeen part Two.

Isn't it strange how us, we humans and our brains work?

As a little girl, I was once running towards my dad, a bit too fast and clumsily. I still remember that day vividly, because I was as perplexed as I am right now. My dad had returned home from a long business trip overseas. He was having a chat in our garden with a few of his friends.

While running to him, I had an abrupt fall. I started feeling some amount of pain as I knew my knees must have landed on a rock-strewn surface. My dad had noticed my presence by then. He got up, took of his suit jacket and took a few steps towards me. Then held his arms out for me to come running back into his arms. My dad was always encouraging of me getting over my fears and he knew that if I hadn't ignored the pain, got up and run again, I probably never would attempt running again in the fear that I might fall.

My dad got onto his knees and gave me a smile that showed how dearly he had missed me, all the pain that I was feeling had vanished. Nothing could have stopped me from getting to my dad at that moment. I shakily got up and continued sprinting, as my senses were focusing on one soul purpose and goal while ignoring the pain that I felt or how the pain was slowly reacting on me.

"Princess, I missed you," he said as his arms engulfed me, lifted me up and twirled me around.

He gave me kisses on my cheeks as my giggles subsided and he sat me down on his lap in the garden.

"I missed you so much, daddy," I said hugging his arm and resting my cheek against it.

His eyes widened as he looked down at my knee. "Princess, you're bleeding. Does it hurt?" he asked with apprehension.

It honestly hadn't. I had forgotten about the pain and fall that was until I looked at the blood flowing down my right leg. My left leg was bruised too, but the skin on my right knee had been completely scraped.

I was perfectly happy and content a moment ago but I still haven't figured out was it the visual of my blood that had caused me to cry and realise how terribly injured I was or did the pain actually started becoming worse and more intense only now?

Whatever it was, I was rushed to the hospital as the blood flow hadn't seem to be reducing.

My current situation was much similar to me falling as a child. I knew he had been seeing someone else, he had bluntly told me and shown me so. I knew he had never fully and truly shown affection towards me, yet I let myself feel for him and let his actions affect me. I knew this day would happen, yet I had downright disregarded it. The list goes on about the things I knew about him and knew would go wrong.

I should have been more cautious and careful. I should have known, I would have end up hurting myself. But I did the total opposite and letting the bigger picture and larger goal getting the best out of me. Look where it has lead me know. The pain that I was feeling now was indescribable and unimaginable. If my pain needed to be visualised to be understood then imagine a dagger thrown through my heart, my stomach mercilessly kicked and my arms and legs were unsympatheticly beaten.

Well at least the only positive outcome of this scenario is that I found an answer I was searching and wondering for years. That live visual truly does make a difference to our response. We don't register pain and hurt until we're genuinely aware of it. I hadn't reacted or felt hurt until I had to personally see Zephyr in such a loathsome and sickening situation. Similarly as a kid, I hadn't felt pain until I saw my unpleasant and nasty wound.

What had I done to Zephyr to get this in return? He knew this was dangerous. Couldn't he have informed Georgyana to give me a heads up or better yet not return home. Couldn't he have some self respect for himself at least in that manner? Couldn't he realise that if this matter comes to limelight, it was him who would get into trouble as he was the one who was being unfaithful.