Chapter Eight.

I felt warm suddenly. The temperature was starting to rise. My eyelids slowly opened to realise the sunlight peeping in through the curtains. The room was bright. I opened my eyes further to see and feel something rock solid, with a soft surface against me. I moved backwards slightly to clear my vision. As my vision cleared, I realised that Zephyr and my nose were in an eskimo kiss. His body was pressed against mine. I was lying on my right side and he on his left, we were facing each other. My left hand was laced in his right hand that was behind his back. Practically, I was hugging him. No, we were basically cuddling.

I observed his features. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. I yawned, a bit too loud and I saw his expression changing. His eyebrows scrunched together as his eyelids opened slowly. Our noses were still touching and our hands were still interlocked. Our bodies sticking to one another.

He frowned slightly as his eyes opened wider. Was he upset that I was here, in bed with him? Was he expecting someone else.

"Evangelique?" he groaned as his features softned.

Oh My. It is true. All the fuss about a man's voice in the morning, I just realised what it was about. His voice was so deep and hoarse. It was so sexy. His perfectly styled hair was now a mess. I wanted to run my fingers through them. But currently my fingers were preoccupied.

"Zephyr," I whispered.

I really wanted to cuddle with him and drift off to sleep. But that would just not be right, he would take it in the wrong way.

I yawned again and moaned into the pillow. To my shock, I realised I was laying on his hand and not a pillow.

"Well aren't you a cuddlebunny," he said and gave a seductive smile.

"Hmmmm" is all I responded.

He released my hand that was intertwined with his behind his back. This is it. Your perfect dream was now breaking, I told myself. Instead of moving away from me. His hand snaked around my waist and rested there.

"How are you feeling now?" he asked me.

"Better," I said.

My head still felt heavy but as I said I couldn't think of anything else but him when he was around. The pain didn't disturb me that much.

His fingers grazed my jawline and cheek slowly.

"Your lips looked bruised. Beestung in fact," he said.

"Isn't the term beestung only used when the lips are plump and pink from kissing?" I asked although I was sure about the fact.

"Yes," he said eyeing me suspiciously.

"Well I certainly don't remember being kissed on the lips through out last night," I said cheekily.

He looked stumped. l felt heat rush throughout my body. What have I just done? I'd been to frank I guess.

"Well, your lips currently looked like they have been roughly kissed. Bee stung is the exact way of describing it," he said as he shrugged of my intended question.

I looked down as my eyes met his chest. His collarbones were so well defined. I wanted to touch his chest, but I had to hold back. My eyes drifted to his muscular prominent arm.

"Do you work out often?" I blurted out.

What the hell is wrong with me?

He chuckled.

"Yes, on a regular basis. Why?" he asked.

"You're... you're buff," I stated.

He smirked.