Chapter Ten.

I heard the door opening as I sipped on my drink and played around with my food.

I could here voices, of a girl and Zephyr. Dear Lord, please don't let the female at the door be Sarah.

The door shut slightly louder than usual or was it just my senses being hypersensitive? I heard footsteps coming my way. I flet like covering my face and running away, but I wasn't permitted to do so.

Suddenly, Zephyr appeared in my eyeline, alone. Thank you God! He had a bag in his hands. I wonder what is inside and who gave it to him?

He came and placed the bag on the table and I looked at him, confused. He smiled.

"Your medications," he said as he set the bag on the table then poured water in a glass.

Thank God. If these were my medications, then it was definitely not Sarah at the door because the last time I recalled, she hated the sight of me. But his driver was a guy, I had heard a girls voice.

He eyed my plate quizzically. "Why haven't you finished your food?"

I looked at my plate, I had only managed to take two or three bites after he left for the door.

"Zephyr, I can't eat anymore. I'm full. I'm having a meal after so long, I don't want to shock my system by gobbling up everything. I'm not that hungry as well," I said meekly.

"You know, the only reason you're here, in this condition is because of food. If you'd eaten your lunch the other day, all this could have been spared," he says commandingly as his mouth pressed into a hard line.

Yes. This would have been spared. I would have been fine.But what about you and Sarah? I tried to shake away the negative thoughts by thinking of the time that I've spent with Zephyr so far, even if it was because of my sickness, but we did spent time. Progress. Improvement.

I smiled genuinely at him, at his concern and worry about me.

"Who was at the door?" I asked taking the glass of water that he handed me.

"My driver's daughter. Apparently, Sebastian, my driver isn't feeling well," he said as he took out the medications that I needed to take.

Why didn't the driver just inform Zephyr that he was sick? Was Zephyr that cruel with his staff.

I swallowed a tablet and looked at him," Why didn't the driver just tell you that he was unwell? Why did he get his daughter to do it," I asked.

"I told Sebastian that you were unwell. He had immediately in excitement told me that he would get the medications although his voice sounded rough and raspy, like he had a sore throat. Since he willingly wanted to do it,I didn't question him further," Zephyr said as he took out a paper and wrote something on it.

Sebastian was there with me, when Zephyr and I just got married. Sebastian was the one had shown me my room when Zephyr abandoned me after such harsh words. My hearbeat spiked and I think I had started panting. I tried to control myself to not think of that night.

Zephyr had looked so handsome that night, words couldn't do justice. I always knew this marriage was put together not by the bride and grooms will, I knew it would be difficult but yet I hoped and expected. Big Mistake. I knew it would take time for us to adapt to each other and our surroundings, all along I had thought that after we exchanged vows, slow and steadily we would eventually fall in love. He had added oil to my burning fire by acting so lovingly towards me a few days before the wedding. He had been so passionate and romantic whenever we were together, just a few days before the marriage.

I had honestly even dreamt that he would take me home after our wedding reception, swoop me in his arms as we consummate our marriage, magically. I will admit that o was equally nervous and worried but a girl has her dreams. But clearly he had other plans and my dreams were shattered. I wouldn't have disintegrated so badly if he hadn't had put up the act of being madly in love. To know what he was actually capable of doing if we were actually in love, makes everything more difficult.