Chapter 15

Ron's POV

I'm walking down to the Forbidden Forest in Harry's Invisibility Cloak wondering what the hell all of this is about. I don't understand why Charlie couldn't have just told me in his letter, Hagrid probably won't explain it very well, he's hopeless!

I knock on the door and I hear Fang's booming barks and Hagrid yelling at him to be quiet and move out of the way. He opens the door and I pull the Invisibility Cloak off and enter the hut before anyone can see me.

When I turn around to greet Hagrid that's when I notice there are a couple of things different about him. May I say his hair was... Tamed? And he was wearing a mouldy brown suit which I guess is his best one.

"And why are you dressed like that?" I managed to choke out.

"None of your business," he muttered.

"So what's the task?" I get straight to the question so I could get back to the school as soon as possible.

"I'm going to show you in a minute," he said, peering out the window.

I go back under the cloak and look over his shoulder out of the window and see Madame Maxine coming towards the cabin.

"I thought the contest was about charming objects not people," I say, my face distorting in to disgust.

Hagrid turned around, looking as though he wanted to hit me over the head but because I'm invisible he can't find me, and before he can try to find me the door knocks again and Hagrid does his final preparation and opens the cabin door, "Hello Olympe,"

"'Ello 'Agrid, where are you going to take me?"

"Just a quick walk in to the forest," he said, and gave me a hand gesture and I quickly ran out of the cabin so I could follow them. This definitely better not be the first task! And what would Charlie have to do with this, he wouldn't have a clue...

Hagrid and Madame Maxine were making small talk as we walked further and further in to the forest, being careful not to stumble on roots and not to make to much noise. Eventually Madame Maxine asked the question that I wanted to know as well, "How much further do we have to go?"

The forest was then shaken by the loudest sound I'd ever heard, a roar of an animal or something along those lines.

"Here we are,"

We walked a little further and then a big clearing came in to view. It had 4 huge metal cages in which held 4 dragons... This makes sense on Charlie's part in the Tournament.

"Oh wow," Madame Maxine said, "I might go and take a closer look,"

She then walked away, well out of seeing and hearing distance of me, so I ran to Hagrid pulling the cloak off in the process, "Hagrid, what's this?!"

"Aren't they beautiful?" Hagrid was truly mesmerised by them

"No! Do I have to fight those?!" I was petrified.

"Well, not all of them, there's one each for each of you you see. Just beware of the Hungarian Horntail, he's a little beast him,"

I was just about to ask which one that was when I saw one of the dragons burst out of the cage and about 12 dragon trainers stunning the animal at once... It didn't even flinch.

"Hagrid! Ron! Stay back!" I heard Charlie shout.

I'd seen enough so I stayed well back, so far back to the castle and beyond.

*****************

Hermione's POV

Just to think that the little life inside of me will have exited my body in under two weeks is actually really scary. The baby has been like a little backbone that's supported me and reminded me why I'm doing this and without him or her inside of me it might be different. What if he or she gets hurt? Also the thought of labour and the pain it causes is the most terrifying thing ever!