Chapter 9

Ron's POV

Me and Hermione were silent all the way to her house in the Granger's car. I had only said 'hello' to her parents as well, they probably thought me rude.

Before I knew it the world had stopped moving outside and Mr and Mrs Granger were exiting the car and opening the boot. I retrieved my trunk from the car and looked up to see Hermione's house. It was an average sized house, with an upstairs and a fresh, blooming garden that my mother would be proud of. The house had a white, clean outside and black front door and window panes. It was a true muggle family home.

Hermione lead the way in to the house carrying her own trunk - even though I offered to take it - and we entered in to the hallway, with the stairs straight up on the right and 3 doors leading off it to the left. Mr Granger went in to the sitting room with a newspaper and Mrs Granger went to the kitchen to start cooking a meal for dinner. Me and Hermione sheepishly snook upstairs.

I walked in to Hermione's room. I never really imagined her to have her room the way she did, it was quite girly with a frilly duvet cover and net curtains. Of course she had a bookshelf absolutely crammed with books (both magic and muggle), some of them spilling off the edges.

Hermione dumped her trunk at the end of her bed and lay on it with her hands over her face and a muffled, "That was the most awkward journey ever," came out of her mouth.

I had to agree with her, but I wanted to diffuse the tension so I sat on the edge of her bed and I tickled her under the arms. She instantly started protesting and giggling which turned in to full on laughter. I then stopped and placed the memory of her grinning face right in to my memory so I would never forget it. I let her catch her breath from all the laughing, but then I leaned in and kissed her.

It was like our mouths were having a battle. We were trying to relay all of the emotions we were feeling in to this one kiss. We got across our anxiety, our pain, our friendship and our passion and it was one of the most heartfelt and most beautiful kisses we've had.

After that I lay on the bed next to her and she snuggled up next to me her head nestled in to the crook of my neck, and we were silently content... Just for that perfect moment in time.

Before we knew it we heard a 'Hermione! Ron! Dinner's ready!" from Mrs Granger so we clambered off the bed and sloped downstairs.

I entered in to a petite dining room with a round oak table in the centre and 4 oak chairs around it, I sat down to the smell of beef casserole which I ate politely. It was no where near my mum's standards but it was good.

"So, Ron, how long have you and Hermione been going out?" Mr Granger said, breaking the long silence.

I looked at Hermione, who gave me an encouraging nod, and said, "About 4 months,"

"How come we never knew about this until now?" Mrs Granger chastised Hermione, but before she could respond Mr Granger said:

"So you're from a wizarding family then?"

"Yes,"

"What kind of jobs do your parents do?"

I felt like Mr Granger was testing me, testing my family, the way he looked in to my eyes with a piercing gaze, "Erm, well, " I spluttered, "My mum does a lot of housework, you know, there's a lot of us, and we have chickens and stuff and my dad works for the Ministry of Magic,"

Mr Granger had a look of recognition and said sounding mildly impressed, "So your dad has quite a well paid job then?"

"Yea, I guess so,"