Chapter 1

Ron's POV

"I'm pregnant," Hermione croaked out.

She collapsed on to my knee, her face pressed against my shoulder, her frail body shaking as she started to cry.

I didn't really know what to do. I just held her and rocked her. I was too stunned to utter a word.

Hermione... Pregnant? We did it one time... And it lead to this. I think this is the first pregnancy ever to take place at Hogwarts, we've made history, but badly at that.

What'll happen to our futures? Especially Hermione, she's the brightest witch of her age, and she'll be stuck at home trying to bring up a baby, an actual human being, a real life creature.

That's when it hit me. I'm going to be a dad.

I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open like an idiot when Hermione lifted her head back up to look at me. She then let a few more tears fall at my expression. I gently kissed her. Once we had finished I grabbed her hand and started to leave the room, but she refused to leave.

"I'm not going to lessons now, not like this," She dropped my hand and crossed both of hers over her chest.

"We weren't going to go to class," I looked at her stupidly, "I was going to take you somewhere where we could have a chat about it,"

"Why can't we just chat here?" You could tell pregnancy was getting to her already, she was acting a little idiotic.

"Because a teacher might be teaching in here at some point in the afternoon,"

She thought about it, then nodded, and took my hand again.

We started to walk down the deserted corridors when she asked me, "And where exactly are we going to have this chat?"

"I was thinking the boat house, no one ever goes there anyway, even Filch,"

When we arrived I picked her up bridal style and placed her in to the boat, myself entering afterwards. I sat myself down, my legs opened wide and Hermione nestled herself between them, leaning back so her head rested against my chest. For the first ten minutes we just sat there contentedly in each others company, me stroking her hair, as she lay with her eyes closed.

She sighed, "We should probably discuss the problem at hand now,"

"Yeah, well I think we should have it aborted," I said bluntly.

At this she opened her eyes and pulled herself up in to a sitting position, on her face a look of disgust and horror, "You want to kill your own son or daughter?"

"No, just we need to kind of prioritise here Hermione. You shouldn't be looking after a baby when you're so intelligent, and you can have an amazing future ahead of you... Also I don't want you to think you have to be attached to me for the rest of your life, if we had a baby together, for the sake of him or her you would want to stay with me wouldn't you?

"Yes, but I want to be with you anyway," her eyes blurring over as her eyes started to turn in to a pond again, her tears threatening to spill over, "Also if I am the brightest witch of my age I don't need to come to school do I? Unlike some..." She smirked.

"But Hermione, we know I'm not going to get cleverer, but you, you could become so much more," I leant up and cupped her face in my hands, "You deserve so much more,"

We sat there in silence for a few minutes letting the boat sway us back and forth, staring in to each others eyes, trying to work out what each other wanted without speaking.

"If we were to have the baby what would we do?" I asked, just to make her think of the many consequences this might have.

"I would get my mam and dad to look after it... Or your mam and dad because I'm imagining our baby is going to a witch or wizard so he or she should be brought up in a place where there are no secrets,"

"Woah! You are expecting my parents to be able to deal with this? Bare in mind Hermione that there are 7 Weasley children at home and we barely scrape by with what we have, there isn't a chance that my parents could afford to raise a baby too!"

"Well get a job then!" she started to get exasperated.

"Oh so I don't have to stay in education now do I?" I flung my arms in the air in frustration, standing up, "Stop giving me mixed messages Hermione, I need a straight answer! What do you want?"

She sat for a few minutes staring in to the water beneath us. After this she said, "I want to have this baby, because I don't want to kill a child because of our stupidity Ronald. I want to raise this baby myself if I can, but I know that that will never work..." she sighed.

We looked at each other in silence again.

"What do you think we should do?" she questioned.

"I want us to be happy. I don't want you to get hurt, and because of this I don't think you having the baby is the smartest idea, we should wait till we're older and more experienced,"

We sat for a bit longer, not looking at each other. We heard the bell sound for the end of the days lessons, but we remained rooted where we were. Even food didn't matter to me right now.

"For now can't we keep the baby and then talk to your parents about it, and my parents too. We can work it out that way,"

"Hermione, the next time we see our parents is in July. We are in April. That is 3 months away, you will be 4 and a bit months pregnant, nearly half way there, even I know that you can't get rid of a baby at that stage, nice try,"

She started to cry. Bloody hell, I didn't realise she wanted this kid so bad.

"When we did it, did you want a baby?"

She looked up disgusted, "Certainly not! Why ask such a stupid question?"

"Because it bloody well looks like it!"

"Get us in to a situation like this? I think not!"

I was standing again, not facing her, both of us breathing heavily.

I turned to face her again, "Right, I'm giving you a week to make up your mind whether you want this baby. We won't tell a soul about it," I knelt down in front of her, staring directly in to her eyes, "I know if you make a certain decision, I will be annoyed with you, but I promise I'll be there for you and support you no matter what, I won't leave you alone during this,"

Her eyes leaked water again and I held her close, kissing away the tears that had already fallen trying to make them stop.

About half an hour later we left the boat house and headed up to the Great Hall for dinner. Just as we were about to enter the Entrance Hall I grabbed her hand and said, "We'll do this together, all the way, together," she nodded, "I love you Hermione,"

"I love you too Ron,"

She pecked my cheek, and our fingers intertwined, and we walked in to the Great Hall, not sure of what we would face in the future, whether it would include another little life or not...