Chapter 10

Ron's POV

I woke up propped against a tree. All I could see was lush blades of green glass poking through the soil and trees all around me, looking like mountains, and little sun spots sparkling through the leaves. It was beautiful.

But not as beautiful as the girl lying beside me, her brown eyes wide open staring around the glade on watch for any signs of danger.

I make a small movement and a sharp spike of pain shoots through my stomach and chest and I moan. This startles Hermione who moves her face up to eye level and whispers, "Did I hurt you?" ever so softly, it was nearly lost with the breeze.

"No, it was me," I said, grimacing again as I tried to make myself more comfortable.

"We need to get you home as soon as possible, back to your mother, she can heal things pretty well can't she?" Hermione was panicking, speaking quickly and it ending up sounding like word vomit.

I pull her in to my arms and stroke her hair and soothe her, "You shouldn't be getting stressed, it won't be good for you or the baby, relax,"

We lay with the grass as our mattress and stared at the sky, watching the sun creep further in to the sky, and then we were cloud watching, pointing out different ones to each other. It was nice, it was like old times when we had no responsibilities, no other things to care about apart from school work.

A couple of hours later I heard her stomach grumble really loudly and I sat up, "How in the world are we going to get home?!"

"Don't worry, I've already thought about that, we can just get the Knight Bus, come on,"

We grabbed our trunks and walked through the forest, hand in hand, away from her parent's house and towards the other side of the wood. Where we came out was a country road that winded in to the distance where there was a miniature village and lots more trees. Hermione then stuck out her wand in to the road and in a matter of seconds a triple decker shiny purple bus came in to view and came to a standstill right in front of us.

A spotty young adult came to the entrance of the bus and read off a card, "Welcome to the Knight Bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. Just stick out your wand hand, step on board and we can take you anywhere you want to go. My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor this evening," He folded up the card and pushed it back in to his top pocket, "And what're your names children?"

"Hermione and Ron," Hermione responded.

"Well Hermione and Ron, welcome aboard, I'll take your luggage and I'll charge you once we are on our way,"

I tried to help Stan with the luggage, but he refused and so I left him to struggle with the very heavy weight of our trunks whilst me and Hermione went to find a seat.

Stan reappeared a few minutes later first asking, "And where is your destination?"

"Ottery St. Catchpole, the village," I replied quickly.

"Ah, I thought you was a Weasley," he said, scratching his stubble, "The fare for you journey will be 11 sickles each please,"

Hermione rummaged around in her handbag withdrawing the money for both of our fares. Stan looked surprised but didn't say anything.

"Take it away Ern!" Stan shouted and the bus driver put down his sandwich and lurched the bus in to gear.

I blinked and the next thing I knew the bus wasn't in the country lane anymore, it was travelling through an estate. Then a bright lighted city. Then a village. Then the Leaky Cauldron Pub. It went so fast it made me feel sick, so I was very pleased when I stepped off the bus about 30 minutes later and vomited in the middle of some grass.