Chapter 18

*2 weeks later*

Hermione's POV

I went back in to lessons the Monday after the first task. Everyone was shocked to see that my belly was small again and they all asked questions. To be honest, the worst part is out the way, being pregnant is horrific, you have the vomiting, everyone can see you carrying this huge bump on you and everyone blames you. Now everyone wants to meet it, know what gender it is, know what it's name is and says how cute it is. People contradict themselves in a lot of ways.

Me and Ron have been going to see Willow every morning, every lunchtime and everyday after school, we take our homework with us and lots of books from the library. Madam Pomfrey looks after her during school and night hours. We've obviously allowed the boys and Ginny back to see her but Luna and Emily have been to see her as well. Luna was all dreamy comparing my child to weird and wondrous creatures we had never heard of before.

We are now in the Great Hall and all staff have turned out for dinner this evening including Professor Dumbledore, which means something important will surely happen.

Without further ado Professor Dumbledore stood up and asked for attention. When he had it he began, "Well students December is nearly upon us, meaning it's nearly Christmas and nearly the holidays. But after this announcement I'm sure many of you won't want to return to your family during the seasonal period because there is going to be the Triwizard Tournament Yule Ball, held on the 24th December in this room for all to attend who are above 3rd year,"

Just like last year before the Valentine's Day Ball the boys groaned and the girls giggled and chatted. After a few moments Dumbledore hushed the talk again and continued, "Boys will be expected to ask girls to the ball, also the Triwizard Champions MUST be in attendance on the evening. It will also be a formal event so best clothes please. Good Luck boys," and with that he sat down.

Everyone else burst in to conversation about what we were going to wear and who was going to go with who, but me and Ron were silent, we both stared at each other, unspoken words between us. We got up, left the Hall, ignoring everyone else's shouts at us and walked all the way to the Hospital Wing.

"You two were quick at dinner," comments Madam Pomfrey, "Did you hear the news about the Yule Ball?" we both nodded. Seeing our sullen faces, she leaves the room hurriedly.

"What are we going to do?" I asked. Ron shrugged in response.

We had already agreed that we would go to the Weasley's home for Christmas, but Ron had to be in attendance as a Triwizard Champion at the Yule Ball. The Yule Ball being on Christmas Eve meant we wouldn't be able to get back to The Burrow for Christmas.

"I guess, I write to mum and tell her we can't make it anymore, unless you want to go with Willow and I stay,"

"But who would be your date?"

"Come on Hermione, someone would want to go with me!" He can get wound up so easily, it's hilarious.

I walk over to him and kiss him, afterwards I wrap my arms around him and look him straight in the eyes and say, 'I know,"

"Ahem," a voice made itself known in the doorway, "Sorry to interrupt but I am aware that you have a slight predicament that made need to be resolved,"

We turn to see Professor Dumbledore standing in the doorway his eyes sparkling with life and excitement, "I've already sorted it all out and prepared everything,"

"But Professor, you've already done so much for us already, we can't let you do anymore to help us," I say.

"You will, listen," he adds the last bit because I open my mouth to retort, "On the night of the Yule Ball you shall both attend. Then when it comes to the time when the dance is over you shall report to my office with Willow, you may then either use Portkey or Floo Network to exit the school and return to The Burrow in time for Christmas," he smiles knowing he has convinced us both already.