gym class

niall skipped along side his grumpy boyfriend, just trying to get him to smile. "c'mon, lili. please smile!" 

   liam was the grumpy type; really, the only time niall ever saw his boyfriend smile was when he was around niall. (that secretly made niall extremely happy.)

   "please stop skipping, ni," liam groaned. "you're going to give me a headache."

   "sorry, lili." niall stopped skipping and pouted. liam pouted as well.

   "i didn't mean it like that, baby. please stop pouting." liam moved to take niall into his arms and comfort him, but he stopped when he remembered that they were in the middle of the school hallway.

   "it's okay, lili. i know what you mean." niall grabbed liam's hand and continued to pull him to their gym class. liam could tell that niall was still pouting at the fact that liam had snapped at him, and all the boy wanted was to pull his smaller boyfriend into his arms and kiss his face until he was happy again.

   niall and liam were quick to separate as they walked into the locker room. the boy's lockers were on two different sides of the locker room, so they were forced to give each other longing looks before they separated.

   niall was quick to change and head out into the gym before anyone decided to shove him into a locker. liam, however, changed slower. he was on the side of the locker room with his few friends, so he relished the time he had with them and goofed around his friends.

   niall sat alone in the bleachers as the gym coach talked. the coach checked attendance and told the students that they were going to be playing dodgeball that day. he felt that groaning, because that meant they would be picking teams. niall and liam were never picked to the same team. 

    as usual, niall was picked last. he could see liam frowning from the team he was picked to. niall didn't even smile at him as he nearly tripped down the bleachers to get to his team.

   they began playing, and of course nearly half of the opposite team aimed for niall. he immediately started running back to the back of the gym to hide. a group of girls giggled as he ran past, and nearly all the boys on his team laughed loudly. niall's cheeks turned pink.

     niall slid down the back wall of the gym and hid his face under his arms to keep himself from getting hit. 

   liam was frowning from across the gym. he wanted to run over there and take niall into his arms and cuddle the blonde until he was smiling again. but he couldn't. instead, he settled for picking up a ball and throwing it at the nearest person.

   a loud cry came from the opposite side of the gym and liam's head snapped up immediately. he looked back to niall, who was now laying face down on the floor clutching his stomach. liam followed his first instinct and dropped the ball he was holding. he rushed back to where niall was laying and gathered the boy into his arms.

    "baby," liam cooed as he held niall tightly. "are you okay? what did you hurt?"

   "s-stomach," naill whimpered as he cuddled back into liam's chest. "lili, people are staring." 

   liam looked up and saw that everyone in their gym class were staring at them. "let them stare," liam whispered. he wiped the tears from niall's face and kissed his lips softly. "are you sure you're okay?"

   "i'm fine, lili," niall promised, even though his stomach was jumping. "can we just sit here for a minute?"

    "of course, baby boy," liam murmured as he kissed under niall's ear.