one

titanic would not do it again for niall. liam was out again, probably with sophia, and he was tired of it. another "sorry, i was with sophia," wouldn't do it for niall. he was tired of waiting at home for him every night like the faithful boyfriend he was. liam would go out some nights and not even come home, leaving niall to try and warm himself in the empty bed.

   "hey, haz?" niall called his best friend. "can you go out tonight?''

   "of course i can, just let me tell lou." there was a faint yelling in the background, which niall assumed was louis telling him yes. "i'll be over at yours in twenty minutes; be ready to go clubbing. mind telling me why you've suddenly decided to party again?"

   "get me a couple shots of vodka and a pint; then we'll see what i'll tell you," niall laughed. "be here soon."

-

   harry was stunned to hear the story from his best mate. he knew that liam had been going out with sophia, yeah. he didn't think that it was an nightly occurrence.

   "i-i know that we've been dating for almost two years now, haz, but what if he's tired of me? what if he's finally figured out that he was tired of experimenting and wasn't gay? he always wanted a biological family. i can't give him that," niall stifled back a sob, right there in the bar of the club. niall thought that maybe the pulsing lights, loud music, and other fit lads would take his mind off of everything, but it did just the opposite. it made niall want to be at home, cuddled in the arms of his boyfriend that he rarely sees anymore. "it feels like he's cheating on me."

   "he's not cheating on you, nialler. liam is trying to protect you from everything. that's why he's really with sophia. he just doesn't want you to get hurt." harry wrapped an arm around niall in attempt to console his irish friend, but it didn't work.

   "that doesn't stop it from hurting! he's decided that he wants an actual family. not a family by some shitty boyfriend like me." niall sniffed. harry tried to cut in, say that niall could never be a shitty boyfriend. if anyone was shitty, it was liam. but before he could get a word in, niall spoke. "can i stay with you and lou for a while? i don't think i can be around liam for a while."

   "do you need to get clothes?" harry asked. niall immediatey shook his head rapidly.

   "liam might be there," he whimpered.

   "i'll explain to lou what's up, then send him over to get some clothes," harry decided. "it's gonna be okay niall, i promise."

-

   harry gave his boyfriend a quick briefing of the situation; he explained what was going on with niall and liam, how niall would be spending some time with them, and how he needed to go and pick up niall some clothes. it didn't take much to get louis to agree. he gave harry a quick peck on the cheek, marched over to find his keys, and slammed the door behind him.

   louis was livid, his face as red as a ripe tomato, he suspected. how could liam ever do this to niall? liam was aware of how much love and care niall needed. niall almost always needed to be consoled and told that he actually meant something. it took a lot to convince niall that liam actually loved him back, and now he was ruining it.

   liam's car sat in the driveway when louis pulled in. he hadn't really suspected for liam to be there, but louis barged into the flat and up to their shared bedroom without any sign of liam. louis heard the water running, so he suspected he was in the shower. louis was about halfway done gathering clothes when the water stopped and the bathroom door opened.

  "hey, lou. what are you-" before liam finished his question, louis dashed into the bathroom and grabbed niall's toothbrush and things out of there before meeting liam back in the bedroom. "why are you getting niall's things? and why isn't niall here?" liam demanded.

   "so you've gotten used to niall always being in the exact place you left him? he isn't a puppy, liam. he can't keep waiting on you to come back from sophia and act like everything's perfect. you've forgotten what it took to get niall. remember how you were always coming to me because you had no clue how to get him to admit his feelings? you need to step up your game, liam." louis took niall's things with him and seemingly vanished.

-

   it was almost three days later liam finally came knocking on louis and harry's door. "oh, hi, liam,'' louis said sarcastically as he opened the door. "did you have a fun time with sophia?" he spat her name.

   "where's niall? i need to see him." at the moment the words escaped liam's mouth, niall appeared at the top of the staircase by the door. liam saw him.

   "shit," niall muttered, turning his back and running back up the stairs. liam pushed louis back five solid feet and ran up the stairs after his boyfriend.

   "niall, baby," liam said just as he slammed the guest room door. it was locked immediately. "i'm sorry. i've been spending way too much time with sophia," they both winced at her name, "lately. but just know, she could never replace you. no one could ever replace you. i'll be at home, if you ever feel like seeing me again." without another word, liam turned his back on the door and headed back home. 

-

   it was another day before niall decided he felt good enough to go home. louis was still unsure about it, but after a stern look from his boyfriend, he decided that it was alright for him to go home, too.

   niall felt as if he had to knock to enter his own home. that's what he did. when liam opened the door, niall dropped his bags and jumped into liam's waiting arms, wrapping his feet around the other boy's waist.

   as if it were scripted, both boys looked at each other and whispered, "you are my only one."

.-.

   so this ended up nothing like you asked?

   i was going to add sweet smut, but it got too long and my back hurts.

   so i'm gonna do one more one shot and that's it! hehhhhhh

   not forever thoughhhh

   (1/06/14)