Beauty and the Geek

Beauty and the Geek
•Niall•

First days, are not fun. Especially when you're hundreds of miles away from your old home, old school, and old "friends".
I'm a bit of a socially awkward nerd, so people do tend to avoid me. I've been told it's because of my teeth, but I think the nerd factor does add in quite a bit.
I like to pretend I'm okay with being avoided. Most of the time I'm not though. My mum thought that moving to England would be a nice new start for us. Though, moving when I'm just going into my senior year of school I didn't believe was a good idea. I tried to tell her, but she wouldn't have it.
Everyone would already have their friends, groups, and their bully victims. I've seen it all, heard it all, and felt it all before. I just hoped I wouldn't be the victim this time.
Anyways, back to my first day. I couldn't say the morning started out swell, because my legs got tangled up in the sheets of my bed, and I fell face first onto the floor, earning myself a nice busted lip.
"Great." I moaned. I proceeded to untangle myself and limp into the shower, turning the water on so hot I burnt my hand when I stuck it under I check the temperature.
"Dammit!" I yelled out. I turned the water down and got under it, washing myself to a point where I was mildly clean and still incredibly frustrated.
Of course when I thought things couldn't get worse, they did.
I had forgotten I ran out of contacts, forcing me to wear my horrid glasses that were one of the main causes of my bullying last school year. Then I ran out of my hair gel, meaning that the quiff I had planned on sporting would not happen this morning.
Mum was gone by the time all this had happened, and we had no food in the house for me to eat for breakfast. So, you could say I had a great morning before school began.
I think getting to school might have been even worse.
It was a light drizzle outside, so it wasn't too bad for England weather. I walked along in the rain, and all was fine until I got to school. And when I got there, the first thing that happened was me being shoved into the lockers so hard my glasses fell off my face, and I could hear my shoulder crunch.
"Watch where you're going, fag." I heard a voice practically growl at me. Fag. I've heard it before. He wasn't a word all too new to me, considering the fact that I was actually gay. But he didn't know that. And he didn't need to know that.
I also got lost on the way to the office, if that counts for anything. Once I finally found it, my first class had already begun, and I still didn't know where I was supposed to be.
"Can I help you?" A snide voice asked from the desk. The woman couldn't be much older than fifty, but her hair was gray and the bags under her eyes showed that she hadn't been sleeping much.
"I'm Niall Horan. I'm new here, and I need my schedule and could I please get a map of the school?" I almost begged. The woman in front of me-whose tag read "Ms. B"-nodded slowly as she turned in her spinning chair and pushed her way to the filing cabinet, looking like she had a bit of difficulty doing it.
"Ah, Horan. In all advanced classes, I see? Smart boy." Ms B handed me my class list. "You've also already been sighed up for the tutor program. You've got a student, Liam Payne, to tutor this afternoon. Just ask the librarian after school, and she should guide you to the meeting place. Have great first day." She smiled and continued her work.
I looked at her weird for a moment. My first day and I already have a student to tutor? They must know a lot about my grades.

The day passed without a sign of the boy who had pushed me into the lockers this morning. No one really noticed me, and for that I was blessed. No one pushed me around much. They only acted as if I wasn't there.
I made my way to the library to find that student that I was supposed to tutor. Ms B had never given me a specific subject we were going to be covering, so I had filled my back pack with all the books in my locker and prayed that I would have time to go back and out them all away.
"I'm here for Liam Payne." I told the librarian. She nodded and guided me back through the science fiction section to the back of the library.
"Right over there." She said softly, pointing to a brunette who was hunched over his phone.
He was beautiful to say the least. I couldn't see his face quite yet, but he really was stunning. His brown hair seemed to be in a quiff like state, and from what I could tell he had a birth mark on his neck. The boy, or Liam, seemed to be quite tan, and he was wearing a tight black shirt and black skinny jeans. And when he looked it up, it almost took my breath away. And it would have, if I was breathing at this point.
His brown eyes were warm, almost like chocolate. Liam's thin lips spread into a soft grin. I could fill myself start to smile, too.
"I'm Liam." He said softly. His voice was smooth.
And all I could really think about at this moment, was that maybe my first day wasn't so bad after all.

•-•

Does anyone want a part two? My fingers hurt.

Vote/comment/fan

Don't be a silent reader!

Suggest some stories, I may read one of yours!

(6/8/13)