Bubbles

Niall and Liam are little first grade nuggets, and all they want is to play with Liam's new bubble set

Inspired by the bubble I saw floating while I was washing dishes

"Mummy!" Little seven year old Niall shouted for his mother. "Can I go over to Leeyum's? Pretty please?" He always tacked on a please, knowing that would do the trick.

"Not now, Niall," his mother sighed. "Your father is supposed to come pick you up later and-"

"Please, Mummy! I can walk back from Liam's all by meself! I'm a big boy!" Niall was almost ready to get down on his knees and beg; Liam had told him hours ago at school that he had just gotten a new bubble set, and he wanted Niall to come over and play with him.

Maura sighed, running her hands through her hair. "I guess, Nialler. Put on your shoes and go on."

Niall and Liam had been next door neighbors since Niall moved to England about two years ago. The boys had formed an unbreakable bond, causing their families to form one as well.

Little Niall put on his shoes as fast as possible and raced over to Liam's house as fast as his legs could carry him, almost banging into the other lad's door. He knocked politely, though, not wanting to show his absolute excitement.

"Ni, you came!" Liam reached out and hugged his best friend, pulling him inside the door. "Your mum let you?"

"It was hard to convince Mummy, but I did it!" He smiled proudly at the slightly older lad. "Your mum is okay with me here, right?"

"Of course she is, Ni! You're like part of the family! Now, let's go play with my bubbles!

The two scrambled out into the backyard, running as fast as their little legs could carry them.

"Where are they, LiLi?" Niall questioned, looking everywhere.

"I d-don't remember..." Liam pouted, holding in his tears for Niall's sake. He didn't want to seem like a cry baby.

"Why don't you go ask your mummy then!" Niall suggests, nodding his head like a maniac.

Of course! Why didn't Liam think of that?

"Mummy!" Liam runs inside, screeching.

"Oh, Liam!" Karen almost dropped the jar she was holding. "Are you alright, baby? What happened?"

"Oh nothing, Mummy! Do you remember where I put my bubbles?"

-

Niall sat himself out on the grass, waiting for Liam to come back out. He really hoped Liam didn't slip and hurt himself. He had done that once while Niall was at his house and had to go to the hospital because he broke his arm. He was alright, though. Niall even got to sign his cast!

"Nialler!" Liam gasped, running back outside. "I got it!"

Niall gasped himself when he saw what was inside it. All sorts of different brands and scents of bubble. The little things you stick in the bubbles and blow (I literally don't know what they're called, so unprofessional of me) came in all different shapes! There were hearts and stars and squares and circles galor!

"Leeyum, this is amazing!" Niall giggled, picking up a heart shaped stick.

"I know!" Liam giggled right back.

The pair sat under a willow tree (do willows even grow in England?) and giggled and blew bubbles until the sun was setting and Karen Payne was asking Niall if it was alright for him to stay the night. Niall nodded his head because it was always alright.

"Thank you for an amazing day, Leeyum," Niall looked over at this friend and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips. Liam blushed.

"You made it even better," Liam gave Niall a kiss to, in return. Because Liam was always taught you kiss who you love, and Liam loved Niall a lot.

And they were both happy.

(30/12/13)