Chapter 12: An Army of Riders

Shade

I held Aralia's bloody body close to mine and place a hand on her wounded stomach. As I began to heal her I placed up a small force field around us so no one could interfere.

I closed my eyes and felt the magic that was so powerful and hungry inside of me seep into her wound healing it with great speed. She groaned a bit but she was out of it. I was just thankful that she would live.

I closed my eyes and felt my mind enter into my dragons. Goliath was perched on a hill just before the castle, waiting with a small army of dragons. I sent him a small message through our connection to come to the battle and pick her up.

It didn't feel right now leave her, but it felt wrong to go with her. I knew she was in good hands back at the haven and I only hope that when she wakes up that I can be by her side.

I pulled my mind out of my dragons as I felt the beast take flight. I heard his wings break the wind as he hovered over the courtyard. The fighting had stopped to look up at the magnificent creature. A few soldiers ran out of fear and others were blown over by the gusts of wind that hit them with force.

I dropped the shield as Goliath lowed himself down so he was right above me. I stood up with Aralia in my arms and lifted her up so he could gently take her in his great white claws. The dragon gripped her gently and took flight in the air again.

For such a large beast he had a gentle soul.

Goliath flew out of site but dragons of an assortment of different sizes and colours with rides on their backs began to surround the courtyard and perch on the stone walls and others crushing houses with their weight.

I looked around as the enemy began to drop their weapons and put up their hands in a surrender.

I guess the battle is over?

I expected there to be more of a fight, but I guess at the sight of the dragons the kings men were too chicken shit to fight riders.

The kings men began to run out of the court yard leaving the rebels to point up there swords and cheer into the air.

I heard yelling coming from the direction of the throne that quietened the cheers and I saw standing atop of it, the she elf that spoke to Aralia before, "We have not one yet! We have no won until Aralia has the kings head for the treason of our princess. We will take siege of the castle with the aid of the riders and their dragons."

She looked straight at me, "Rider, step forward and give me your name."

The soldiers of men and woman looked at me and parted so I could walk through and towards that blond she-elf. "My name is Shade." I yelled to her as I approached.

"And that was your dragon that took the princess." Her face was like stone.

I nodded cautiously, "Yes, it was. She was hurt and needed to be taken out of the battle."

I saw a small smile pull at the sides of her mouth, "And I am safe to assume that she was taken to the dragon haven in the mountains?"

I looked at her slightly confused, "Yes, how do you-"

"My people are there, what's left of them." She paused in a moment of silence, "Fight with us Shade, help us siege the castle with your army of riders and dragons."

I looked around at the dragons looking for the dark green one that is Grea's. I found her atop of her dragon which sat on the wall. She gave a slight nod as if to say we will fight. I turned back to the blond elf.

"We will fight with you."