Chapter 11: Break of Dawn

Aralia

These shackles that I wore bound my magic and I wasn't strong enough to get out of the soldiers gloved hands. They had on armour that covered them from head to toe as well and a pointy helmet all of which I used to wear with pride.

They dragged me up to the top of the castle that I knew so well. I knew exactly where we were going.

To the east tower that was the tallest of them all and where prisoners went when they were sentenced to die.

Up the spiral staircase we went, it was a tight fit, but both soldiers continued to hold on to me with a steel grip. After we were out of my father presence I had begun to fight back and try to get free, but there were so many of them and I was beaten down.

The cut on my lip and above my right eye were still bleeding making to difficult to see clearly. But I did see the heavy iron door as we rounded the last set of stairs.

One of the soldiers pulled out a set of keys from his belt and unlocked the door with a loud click. He swung it inward the other soldier that continued to hold into me brought me to the entrance and threw me in.

With my hands behind my back I landed face first into the rough stone. I heard the door clang shut and the lock bolted. I rolled to my side and spat out the metallic tasting blood that had collecting in my mouth.

I sat up and surveyed the ten by six cell. I was surprised that it was this big because Cronus liked smaller three by three cells to drive the criminal insane.

There was also a small bared window about ten feet over my head that let in the only little light from the over looking moon. I couldn't believe that it was this late already, who knew how
long I had left to get out of here.

I knelt on the ground but before I could get to my feet I heard the door of the cell click open and in entered Cronus, the king.

I glared up at him and he smiled down at me. A guard followed him in and Cronus put up his hand to stop him, "Leave us and send in one of my healers for me." The soldier nodded and walked out of the cell closing the door behind him.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this." Then he stepped forward so he was directly in front of me and pulled out a dagger from the insides of his robes.

I tried to back away but I ended up falling back on my butt. I kicked his feet from under him and he dropped to the floor like a wet noodle.

He cursed at me and drives the blade of the dagger into my shin cutting to the bone. I cried out and I could feel in my soul as Aquaria cried in pain from my wound. He was not just hurting me, he was hurting my dragon.

Shade

"How do you know so much about me, Grea?" I asked the woman across the table from me.

It was slightly unsettling having someone know how I really felt inside and how truly broken I am. "Because I know who you are, I know where you came from and I know who your father is."

I slammed my fist down at the table, "Don't you dare speak of my father, he is dead to me!"

She just smiled, "I have no intention of speaking about your daddy issues with you. I want to help you get Aralia back."

I shook my head and started laughing though I didn't find anything funny, in fact I was pissed, "I don't understand you, you are willing to help me get the kings bastard child and bring her here and yet you don't give me a reason why? How do I know you won't just kill her yourself?"

She rolled her eyes, "My business with the princess is my own, but I can assure you that I will not kill her."

I was about to tell her something along the lines of shoving something where the sun don't shine until the painful sound of a dragons agony could be heard coming from the great hall.