Chapter 6: Paradise

I awoke to Shade shaking me awake, “Get up love, it’s time for us to move.”

I bolted up expecting us to be surrounded or needing to run, but all I found was Shade handing me a piece of bread. I thanked him and stood up and stretched, “Where did you get this from?”

“Trade secret, love,” He said with a smirk. “We’re about two days trek to your kingdom, we should move as much as possible.”

My eyes widened, I never expected that I was going to be back home so soon. I was almost a bit disappointed, call me a girl but I was becoming quite fond of Shade and I honestly wasn’t sure if I wanted him to leave after he brought me back.

I must have had a weird look on my face because Shade asked, “Is everything alright love? You keep looking at me weirdly.”

I smiled and took a step so I was right in front of him. I never noticed before but he towered over me by a foot and it made me feel very small. I slowly brought my hand up to Shade’s hood and lowered it. I take my hand and touch his scar wondering what happened. I was about to ask him when I felt his lips crush against mine.

I was taken by surprise, but after a few seconds I kissed him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pushed me up against a tree. I have made out with guys before, it was mostly the raging hormones though and nothing else, but this…I have never felt like I have completely melted into someone. I have never felt a kiss that has made my heart race and toes curl.

His hands moved up and down my sides as his body pressed against mine. I ran my finger through his soft hair as his lips dipped as he started kissing down my jaw line to my neck. He sucked and teased the side of my neck with his tongue. I leaned my head back giving him and easier access to my neck so he could find my sweet spot. He nipped and sucked at the hollow of my neck causing me to moan and push his head closer.

But he pulled up and leaned his head against mine, “What are you doing to me princess?”

He kissed me again, but this time it was very gentle and soft. Not something that I would expect Shade to be. The kiss was very short and when it ended he pushed away from me leaving me a bit light headed and in a haze. “Let’s get a move on shall we?”

He started to turn around but I grabbed onto his wrist and held him back, “Wait, Shade.”

He gave me a cocky smile, “You want more of me sweets?”

I laughed and just shook my head, “That’s okay…” but honestly that all I really wanted.

Shade

What was that blasted girl doing to me?

It had been about an hour since they had started walking again, but all that I could think about was Aralia. I felt so vulnerable around her and I couldn’t decide if I liked it or not. She was nothing like any of the other girls I have ever met, she wasn’t dainty and weak, nor was she spoiled and stuck up. She was a fighter and persistent and stubborn. I admired her for it.

“Shade?” I looked over at her, she was so much smaller then I, but I didn’t doubt that she could kick my ass.

“Yes, sweets?”

“Last night, we could have taken those men…why did we have to run like that?” She tried not to show it, but I knew that she was thirsty for a fight. I couldn’t blame her too, she just lost a brother and her friends.

I didn’t really want to tell her yet, but I guess she had a right to know, “You want to know how I knew about that town and where those swords were my sweet?” I started, “That little town is where I’m from. Call me weak, but I couldn’t kill those people. The racton yes, but the soldiers are the town’s men and I couldn’t kill them. my life there was shitty, but I couldn’t just cold heartedly kill someone that I had known.”