Ace's Past

Chapter eighteen: Ace's Past

(Amy's POV)

Why did this have to happen, and why was it happening, the only reason Ace became consumed by darkness was because of the Emerald of Shadows. "Why is this happening, how can Ix still be controlling Ace?" I asked, I didn't expect anyone to have the answer. "What happened when you guys were inside my head?" Skates asked, "Woah, wait, Ix is doing that, how I thought he was dead or trapped in the nightmare dimension." Shade said. "We know one thing, Ix is who Skates has been seeing in his dreams." Silver said, "What happened?" Skates asked again. "Ace was being controlled by Ix and he looked like he did when he was corrupted by one of the Emerald of Shadows." I said. "This happened before?" Skates asked with a worried tone, "Yeah, when Ace used Chaos Control with the Emerald of Shadows." Sonic said. "You're not telling us something, what's going on?" I asked, "This happened a long time ago as well." Skates said.

"What, tell me what's happening." I said, "Ok, but it goes back to when Ace was a baby, a man named Bolt infected Ace with darkness. When Ace was eight Bolt returned and got the darkness to take over Ace. He managed to get control back and defeat Bolt, so the Emerald of Shadows revived the darkness and it continued to grow and that's what Ix used to control Ace." Skates said. I could barely believe what I heard, why didn't Ace tell me, "He never told you?" Skates asked me, I shook my head. "We have to help him." I said.,"How, we have to find him first and then what?" Sonic asked. "I don't know but I'm not gonna just let this happen." I said, "Idiots, the answer is obvious." Shadow said. "What?" I asked, "If the Emerald of Shadows revived the darkness then the Chaos Emeralds should destroy the darkness." Shadow said. "Then what are we waiting for let's find those emeralds." Sonic said.

(Normal POV)

It was midnight, a dark red hedgehog was standing on beach looking up at the sky, he had been standing there for a while and hadn't moved since he got there. "It is time." He said then a floating island appeared above the ocean, the island had a futuristic castle that covered the entire island, the hedgehog pulled out a large black gem. "Chaos Control." The hedgehog shouted a disappeared, he reappeared on the floating island. "Halt, who are you?!" Someone asked loudly, the hedgehog looked at the person who asked him who he was. The person was wearing a helmet, a black combat suit with a few devices attached to his wrists and was charging at the hedgehog. The hedgehog grabbed the person's arm and threw him off the island, he jumped up the walls of the castle until he was at the top. He kicked the front door open and walked in, he saw an old echidna with white quills sitting in a floating throne. He was wearing purple robes and holding a golden staff, "Welcome my newst solder." He said. The hedgehog bowed and said, "Thank you my lord." The man got down from his throne, "You will tomorrow's attack, take no prisoners, leave them all dead. In fact bring me a few heads." He said. "Gladly." The hedgehog said.

"That's three." Tails said picking up a green stone, he and his friends had been searching for the Chaos Emeralds. It was early in the morning and they had been searching all night, "When are we going to get some sleep?" Sonic asked, rubbing his eyes. "As soon as her majesty says so." Knuckles said, "Guys, you have to see this!" Cream shouted from a distance. They all ran in the direction of the shout and saw what she was talking about, they saw the floating island. "Nocturnus? How?" Knuckles asked, "You don't think?" Sonic asked, "Did Ace do this, bring Nocturnus here?" Cream asked. "We should look into this." Shadow said and ran in the direction of the island, the rest ran after him.

(Amy's POV)

How could it be here, these things happening could they somehow be connected, I needed to think, too much was going on. As I was running I saw Shadow fighting Nocturne solders, they were attacking already, I ran faster but then froze in my tracks. Shadow wasn't just fighting the Nocturne solders, he was fighting Ace. "Amy, maybe we can use the emeralds on Ace now." Blaze said, I nodded and ran towards where Ace and Shadow were fighting, now Shade, Sonic, Tails, Cream, Knuckles,Silver, Skates and Rouge were fighting the solders as well. I had to fight too, and I know exactly how to do help. "Guys, give me the Chaos Emeralds!" I shouted. Tails tossed two to me and Skates tossed me the other, I ran to where Ace was fighting Shadow. It looked like Shadow was losing, "Ace, I know you're in there! Fight it!" I shouted, "You're going to fight? You think you stand a chance?" Ace asked mockingly. "I can't, but the real Ace can." I said, I held out the Chaos Emeralds and they floated into the air. "Please Chaos Emeralds, bring Ace back, free him from the darkness." I said hoping that somehow it would help. "The positive energy from the emeralds would normally work in destroying darkness. But you're too late!" Ace shouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh no. Has Ace really been consumed by darkness? Can he be freed? And is that guy that Ace threw off the island ok. You'll just have to find out. Later!