A Rude Awakening

Chapter seven: A Rude Awakening

"Guys, I found another Chaos Emerald!" Tails shouted from the first floor, it was seven in the morning, everyone walked out of their rooms, except Amy whose room was still under repairs, the window was still in pieces. "And its moving because Dark Flame or Eggman has it." Ace said, "No, its a prize in a tournament today." Tails said, "Is it a race?" Sonic asked, "No, it's a fight." Tails said. "Finally something interesting." Shadow said smirking, "But don't go crazy and destroy the arena." Silver said to Shadow. "What's the matter Ace?" Amy asked, she could that Ace had a worried expression on his face, "Dark Flame is bound to show up of there a Chaos Emerald involved." Ace said, everyone turned to Ace, "Then we'll just have to beat him." Sonic said. "Do you think he'll just take the Chaos Emerald then?" Amy asked Ace, "Not if all of us are there, he knows that he can't beat us." Ace said, "Then what are we standing around here for, let's go." Sonic said and he rushed out the door, "How long do you think it'll take for him to notice that he is still in his pajamas?" Ace asked Amy, she giggled a bit then said, "He'll be back in about, three, two, one." Amy said and Sonic rushed back in and up to his room.

"This is the place." Tails said as he and his friends arrived at a large dome, "Took you long enough." Skates said to them, he was standing by the door, "Hey, waiting for Dark Flame?" Ace asked. "Waiting for me?" Someone said from behind them, "Don't even think about trying to take the Chaos Emerald." Shade said, "Ooo, I'm really scared of a little girl." Dark Flame said, Knuckles moved in front of her, "Leave her alone." Knuckles said, "Afraid I'm gonna hurt your girlfriend?" Dark Flame asked. "Leave them out of this." Ace said, he clenched his fist, "Fine, I'll deal with you in the fight, very painfully." Dark Flame said and walked past them. "would someone please kill him in the fight." Shade asked, "Be careful." Amy said to Ace, he his arm around her, "I am really known to be careful?" Ace said, she grabbed his hand said, "Can you be careful this time?" She asked, he smiled at her, "Alright." he said. "Are you two done?" Shadow asked in an annoyed tone, "In a rush to lose?" Ace asked him smirking, "Are forgetting the last time I nearly killed you?" Shadow asked, "Easy guys, save it for Dark Flame." Silver said, everyone walked inside and headed to the sign up table. Ace, Skates, Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Knuckles, Shade and Blaze signed up and headed to the ring, the rest of them found spots at the front of the stands, there were a few others there and it was a few minutes from starting, they could see Dark Flame standing in a corner with a twisted grin plastered on his face, "Ok, it's time for this tournament to begin, today we have a total of sixteen competitors, but only will win the grand prize of the Chaos Emerald, now it's time to draw numbers to see who will be fighting who." The announcer said, then a man brought out a sphere filled with sixteen pieces of paper, after everyone had picked a number the results wereut on a screen. In the first match was Shade against Dark Flame, next was one of the other competitors against Sonic, after that was Silver against Shadow, fourth was Knuckles against Blaze, then for the next few rounds were the other competitors, finally was Ace against Skates.

"Time for round one, we have Shade and Dark Flame, let's see how this tournament will start of." Shade and Dark Flame walked in to the ring, there was nothing stopping them from walking off of it, "Here are the rules, you lose if you fall out of the ring or get knocked out, and death is ground for disqualification and arrest, now time for the match to begin in three, two, one." The announcer finished and a bell rang, Knuckles was watching attentively with a nervous expression, "You alright." Ace asked him, "Don't worry Shade will be fine." Ace reassured him, Knuckles didn't turn away from the fight. Shade couldn't land a single hit on Dark Flame, she was too busy dodging his blasts of fire, "Come on fight back!" Dark Flame shouted, he stopped shooting fire and began punching her repeatedly. Knuckles began clenching his fists, Dark Flame then grabbed her head and kneed it, Shade fell to the ground, then Dark Flame shot a blast of fire at her sending her flying off of the arena. Knuckles ran to her side, "We have a winner, Dark Flame moves on to round two." The announcer said. Shade opened her eyes and smiled at Knuckles, "How did I do?" She asked, Knuckles didn't respond, he hugged her tightly, "Very cute, now get out of the way." Knuckles looked up and saw Dark Flame looking down on him, "You'll pay for this." Knuckles said and he carried Shade to the infirmary.