Fragments of Shadows

Chapter twenty-four: Fragments of Shadows

(Bolt's POV)

"Chaos Control!" I shouted and I was teleported away from the explosion, "You won't survive next time Ace." I said to myself. "You're bit insane aren't you?" Someone asked form behind me, I turned around and saw a middle-aged man with glasses, a large nose and an egg shaped body. He was wearing a red commander suit with black pants, "Who are you?" I asked, "Dr. Ivil Robotnik at your service." He said while taking a bow. "Ok, what do you want?" He asked, "I have a proposition that, I believe benifits us both." He said, then continued, "You are aquatinted with Ace aren't you?" He asked. "Yes." I said, "Well the darkness that was inside him wasn't completely destroyed, it was shattered into ten pieces. If we were to gather the pieces we may be able to revive him." He said. "The dark Ace still isn't strong enough, however if he would return to me, I would gain back my old power and the power he has." I said. "Alright, then we can crush those meddlesome pests." He said, "Before that, there is something else I want you to do." I said. "What?" He asked, "Repair this." I said handing him two halfs of the staff Ix used.

(Ace's POV)

I woke up to the sound of people screaming from outside, I quickly jumped out of my bed and ran outside. Everyone else was already outside looking around a large number of people were all running in the same direction. "What's going on?" I asked, "Everyone seems to be running away from something." Tails said. "Really, I hadn't noticed." I said sarcastically, "What is it they're running away from?" I asked. "Let's go see." Sonic said and ran off, we all followed after him, then I saw what everyone was running away from. Standing ten feet in front of me was a dark red hedgehog that was covered in black flames and looked exactly like me. "He's still alive? I thought Ace killed him." Silver said, "Who is he?" I asked, "He's darkness that was living inside of you and because of that he looks a bit like you." Tails said. "So, who wants to die first?" Dark Ace asked, "If you're me, then I will stop you." I said, "I'm going to enjoy this." He said. Then he shot a ball of fire at me, I put my hands out and tried stopping it, I was being pushed back by it but it was slowing down. "Don't try absorbing it!" Amy shouted, I put the ball above my head and threw it back at him. "You think this will stop me!?" He shouted and the ball of fire stopped in mid air, "You don't remember how to use fire do you?" He asked, "That doesn't mean I can't fight." I said and I ran at super speed and punched him in the stomach. He staggered back before kicking me to the ground, "Idiot." Shadow said then began attacking Dark Ace. Dark Ace fell to the ground unconious after only a few punches, "Thanks for saving me the trouble." Someone said from behind us. I turned around and saw Bolt standing there smirking, he quickly ran past me to where Shadow was fighting he placed his hand on Dark Ace, the Dark Ace disappeared. "Three already." He said then shouted, "Chaos Control!"