Forgotten Power

Chapter twenty-three: Forgotten Power

(Ace's POV)

I opened my eyes and found myself back in my room, it must've been a dream that I saw, but something was off about. I pushed the thought from my mind and headed down the stairs, I stopped at the top of the steps. I saw a tall white hedgehog holding Amy by the neck and everyone else was on the ground next to the hedgehog. I could tell he was a man but what could I do, I had no idea how to summon this power I have but I couldn't just let her get hurt. "LET HER GO!" I shouted at him, "Hello Ace, how's that memory of yours?" The hedgehog asked mockingly. "How do you know who I am?" I asked angrily, "I've known you since you were a baby." He said. "Why don't we go somewhere else." He said, then he shouted, "Chaos Control!" The next thing I knew I was in the forest I woke up in yesterday, the man dropped Amy and shot lightning at me. "To answer your question. I am Bolt." The man said.

I quickly ran over to Amy and picked her up, "You think you can stop me?" Bolt asked and shot another blast of lightning. I was pushed back but I didn't let go of Amy, "Ace we have to run." Amy said, "We can't, he can use Chaos Control, we have to fight." I said. "You're going to fight me, you don't even remember how to control fire." Bolt said, "I dont care. I will protect Amy, even of it costs m my life." I said, then I let Amy down. "Ace, why?" Amy asked, "You said I was the type of person who was willing to sacrifice himself to protect the ones he cared about, and that's what I'm gonna do." I said. I ran at Bolt I tried to being fire out, no use, 'I guess I am gonna die' I thought to myself, Bolt created a giant ball of lightning at threw it at me. I fell to the ground and felt my body go numb, "No, not like this. Just this once let me protect her!" I shouted. Then my body became covered in flames and I was surrounded by a ball of fire, "No, that's not possible." Bolt said. "Now, I will finish this." I said and I shot a beam of fire at Bolt, "Fine, I guess I should stop holding back." Bolt said. "Crystal, I think I know who you were talking about." I whispered to myself, "Amy, I will protect you. I promise." I said. "Now let's finish this." I said, I lifted my hands above my head and a giant ball of fire began to form. Bolt then ran at me and kicked me to the ground, I looked up and saw that he had burns from just attacking me. "I win." I said looking up at the ball of fire and it began falling on us, then something pulled me away from where it was falling. "I'm not about to let you die." Amy said smiling at me, the fire began to fade away, an explosion engulfed Bolt but amongst the sound of the explosion, we heard Bolt shot, "Chaos Control!"

"Ace, do you remember?" Amy asked as we walked in the direction of the house, "No, I just got lucky to be able to use, but it's not working anymore." I said. "Oh." Amy said, ah sounded a bit sad, "Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be able to remember eventually." I said. "We should hurry and make sure the others are alright." Amy said, "Right." I said, I picked up Amy and ran in the direction of the house. I was able to run at supersonic speed now so we arrived in a matter of seconds. Amy grabbed her key and opened the door, everyone was now awake, "Ok guys, we have to go after Amy and Ace." Sonic said. "I think we found them." I said. "What happened to you guys?" Silver asked, "I handled it." I said, "You got your memory back?" Tails asked. "No, just got lucky to be able to use it, but now I'm not able to." I said, I wasn't really thinking about how to control fire again, I was more concerned about who Crystal was talking about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed the update. Later!