How?

Chapter sixteen: How?

(Amy's POV)

Ace began coughing, was he still alive, "How?" I asked, he slowly opened his eyes and smiled at me. He looked around a bit then asked, "Did we all die, or did I survive." He is alive. "You're alive." I said, tears were still streaming down my cheeks, "Don't cry." Ace said still smiling. Then he started laughing, "What's so funny?" Sonic asked, "We did it, it's finally over." Ace said. Then he turned to me and said, "I promise I won't ever leave you again." I couldn't help but start crying, "I love you Ace, please don't let me live without you." I said. "I promise." He said.

~~~~~~~Four years later~~~~~~~~~

(Skates' POV)

Everyone was gathered around for Amy's birthday, Ace had his arms wrapped around Amy, "You've changed a lot Ace." I said. "I guess I have." He said, "I still love you." Amy said to Ace and kissed him on the cheek, "Get a room you two." Sonic said. Life had been pretty relaxed since Dark Flame died, but for me life hasn't gotten much better, I'm still haunted by one dream that keeps repeating itself. An old man telling me that it is my job to enslave the Earth, every night it's the same ever since I was six. I could tell that the old man was an echidna with white fur, he was always holding a gold staff, "Hello?" Ace said waving a hand in front of me. "What is it?" I asked, "You were just staring off into space." Ace said, "It's nothing, just lost in thought." I said. He knew I was lying, but let it go, then I started feeling dizzy, my vision becam blurred and I could barely make out what people were saying. Once the vision cleared I saw a young me talking to that old man, "Now once I send you to Earth you won't have back up for a while, you must take over and get the Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds." He said. I saw my younger self bow, "Yes my my master." My younger self said and walked away. My vision blurred again and I found myself lying on the floor at Amy's birthday party, everyone was starring at me, "Are you alright?" Ace asked, no I really wasn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, hope you enjoyed, the book still isn't finished, the next update will be part two of the story, but it is still in the same book. Later!