The Power to Protect

Chapter fifteen: The Power to Protect

(Ace's POV)

"Ace!" Amy shouted as I flew into the house, my whole body ached, but I forced myself up, "You are pathetic, you have no chance of beating me. Just stay down and I will make your death quick." Dark Flame said. "I don't care, I won't give up." I said, "Why do you fight knowing that there is no chance of stopping me?" Dark Flame said. "I fight, because I have something that's worth fighting for." I said, then poured all of the fire I had inside me into one giant ball. It began to change shape until it became a sword of pure flames, "Ready for round two?" I asked Dark Flame. He was already fighting Silver, Blaze, Knuckles and Shade, "Stand back guys!" I shouted, they all ran a safe distance away. I ran as fast as I could, and slash Dark Flame across the chest, blood began dripping from his wound. "Heh heh heh, is that it?" Dark Flame asked while laughing, the wound began shrinking, then it disappeared. "Now you see how pointless your efforts are, I am unstoppable." Dark Flame said, I then collapsed to ground, I could no longer take the pain. "Bring me the Emerald of Shadows, or she dies, you have three days." Dark Flame said and grabbed Amy, "Ace, help!" I heard her shout. "I will be waiting in the wastelands west of here." Dark Flame said and disappeared, Then I drifted into unconiousness.

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself lying in my bed, all of my friends were staring at me, no someone was missing. "How many days has it been?" I asked, forcing myself up, my body was sore, I couldn't believe I was actually standing. "Two days, we managed to find the other four Chaos Emeralds." Tails said, "Then let's go, we have to save Amy." I said and ran out of my room, "You're injured, you can't fight." Silver said. "I don't care, I won't let her die." I said a bit angrily, "Where is The Emerald of Shadows?" I asked. "Here." Shadow said handing to me, that was a bit off, Shadow doesn't usually care about anyone. "Thank you." I said, I walked to where we kept the Chaos Emeralds, I grabbed each of them and tossed two to Sonic, Shadow and Silver. "Ready?" I asked, "This is going to be fun." Sonic said, we all walked up the stairs, Silver then hugged Blaze, "Be careful." Blaze said, "I will." Silver said. "Ok, I'm ready." Silver said and he stopped hugging Blaze, we all ran out the door and began heading west. We arrived in a few minutes, I saw Dark Flame holding four Emeralds of Shadows, he had one foot on top of Amy. "You came, a while longer and your little friend would be dead." Dark Flame said with a twisted smile plastered on his face. "Let her go and you can have the last emerald." I said pulling it from my pocket, he pulled her up from the ground and was squeezing her wrist. "No funny business, at the same time you give me the emerald and I give you Amy." I nodded and walked over to where they were standing. I held on to Amy's wrist and placed the emerald in his hand, he let go and kicked Amy to the ground. I felt rage burn in the pit of my stomach, Dark Flame flew into with the five Emeralds of Shadows circling him. "Are you alright Amy?" I asked, "Yes, are you guys gonna fight him?" She asked, "Yes, I promise I'll come back and when I do I will make sure I am never apart from you again." I said. She leaned into me and kissed me passionately, when we stopped I looked at her and smiled, "I love you Amy, and I will come back to you." I said, "I know you will." She said. Then I turned to Sonic, Shadow and Silver, and the Chaos Emeralds flew into the air, "Wait!" We heard someone call from behind them, I looked past them to see Skates running in our direction. "Thought you might need some help." He said, then Chaos Emeralds began circling all of us. My quills turned a bright orange and began flowing upwards, I was surrounded by flames, Sonic's, Shadow's and Silver's quills turned yellow and also began flowing upwards. Skates' quills turned slightly lighter and also flowed upwards and he was surrounded by blue flames. "This is going to be a piece of cake." Sonic said.

~~~~~~~

Things are getting serious, in the next update it's time for the ultimate fight with Dark Flame, I will try to update soon. Later.