Good times don't last

Chapter ten: Good times don't last

"Anything yet?" Ace asked Tails, "No, nothing, the emeralds must have moved much farther then usual, I'll have to increases the range." Tails said, "Come on, we have been doing this for an hour." Amy complained. "Ok, we will have to wait a while before anything comes up." Tails said, "Ok, now we can stop." Ace said smirking at Amy, she grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the room and back up the stairs. "Is something wrong?" Ace asked, "No." Amy said putting on a fake smile, "Your lying, there something wrong, what is it?" Ace asked. "I don't want you to find a Chaos Emerald then go rushing off leaving me worried and wondering whether you will come back." Amy said. He pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry, but if I don't things could become much worse and I can't let that happen." Ace said, "I understand, I just wish you didn't." Amy said. "I know, but I have to." Ace said, "Stop reminding me!" Amy shouted angrily and ran up the stairs to her room. Ace ran after her and reached for the door handle and tried to open the door, but it was locked. He knocked on the door but there was no answer, "Amy, open up." Ace said, Amy opened the door and looked at him, "I think we need some time apart." Amy said then walked back into the room and shut the door.

(Ace's POV)

"I think we need some time apart." Amy said then she shut the door, those words hit me like a ton of bricks, why did I do that. I'm such an idiot, I walked back down the stairs and out the door, well that's just great, I had to go and piss her off. I hit myself in the forehead, I needed to clear my head so I ran to the place I go to clear my head, the forest. I walked through looking at the trees until a came to the pond, it was no longer frozen, which made sense because it was April. I looked at it for a while, then realized that this was a bad idea, all I could remember about this place was being here with Amy. "What did I do?" I asked myself, then I did something I hadn't done in a while, I cried, the only time I had been this depressed was when Crystal died. I sat there for a few hours looking at the scenery the sun began setting, I didn't want to go home, it didn't want to do anything. "I haven't seen you this blue in while." Someone said from behind me, I knew who it was, "Hey Skates, what are you dong here?" I asked, though I had an idea, "Everyone is wondering where you went." Skates said, "Everyone one except Amy." I said. "No her too." He said, "Why should she care?" I asked, "You know the only reason she dumped you was because she doesn't want to go through worrying about you running off every two seconds." Skates said. I got up and ran off, I didn't want to be reminded about what happened.

(Amy's POV)

"Ace left?" I asked Blaze, "Yeah he has been gone for a while." She said, "What happened with you two?" She asked me. "Nothing." I said, "You guys broke up didn't you?" Blaze asked me, I nodded, "Skates can you go look for Ace, he ran off somewhere." I said into my wrist communicator, "Ok." He said back I walked back up to my room and looked out the window. I was beginning to regret what I did, I kept hoping I would see Ace walking towards the house. I waited for ten minutes still looking out the window until my communicator went off, "I don't think Ace will be coming back for a while." Skates said. What have I done, all Ace ever did was fight to protect me, and I dumped him, I walked down the stairs and towards the door, "Where are you going?" Cream asked, "To find Ace." I said and walked out the door.

Two days had passed since Ace had left, I felt more depressed every day, I would go and look for him everyday and fail every time. I needed to talk to him, I needed to apologize, it was getting late and still nothing, "Ace!" I called out, I stood there for a few minutes and began walking back. "Hey." Someone said from behind me, I turned around and saw who I had been looking for, Ace, "Your here." I said, "Yeah, what do you want?" He asked me, "I want you to come home." I said. "Why should I?" He asked me, "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking, I shouldn't have done what I did, please forgive me." I said. He didn't say anything for a while, "I'll come back, but I'm not sure if I can take you back." He said. "Ok." we both walked back, neither of us said anything. Once we arrive Ace walked into the back yard and I walked back inside and went up to my room. "Welcome home Ace." I said, I messed up, I looked out the window and saw Ace sitting beside Crystal's tombstone, I wish I didn't brake up with him.