Returning home

Chapter 24

Two weeks passed In what felt like a blink.

It had been the best two weeks of my life, days spent swinging in clear blue ocean's, paddle boarding viewing all the marine life  under our boards, couples massages, eating at some of the best food I've ever tried, snorkelling with sharks and dolphins, visiting the local marine life sanctuary and talking to the founders learning more about sharks behaviours and habitat and of course Lots of  *cough*

However our time in Tahiti had ended and we were on the plane heading back home.

To be honest while I love the relaxation and sleeping in late, I was itching to get back to the zoo and back into my khakis.

I miss waking up at 6 in the morning to help feed the animals before the zoo opens.

I miss working in the medical building helping Dr Rosie treat sick animals.

Heck I even miss cleaning up giraffe crap.

There really is no place like home.

I'm not the only one, Robert shares my desire to be home.

Once we land and once the pilot shuts of the seatbelt sign, the two of us can't get off the plane quick enough.

We find out luggage in record time and head to the arrival terminal.

Our taxi driver is waiting for us with a sign.

"Mr & Mrs Irwin."

Robert shakes his hand and he takes our suitcase to the trunk.

Be both get in the back.

After 40 minutes of driving we pass through the zoo entrance.

I send a group text to Terri, bindi and chandler

"We just pulled into the entrance."

I breath a sigh of relief it's good to be home.

After paying the taxi driver we roll our suitcases up the pathway to the house.

It's Terri who greets us at the front door.

First she pulls me to a hug then Robert.

"I'm so glad to have you two back, bindi wanted to be here to welcome you home but she was called away last minute to assist with the zebras."

"Why don't you two go and unpack and get settled then tonight we'll have a proper welcome back dinner."

Oh I love Terri.

Once we make our way into the bedroom we stop dead.

Oh Yh.

The whole room is packed with wedding gifts that we still haven't opened.

Not knowing what to do we manoeuvre our way through the boxes and bags.

"We should of just asked people to make a donation to Wildlife Warriors."

"Yh probably would of been easier."

Robert pulls em onto the bed.

"Why don't we have an afternoon nap and then we can open these with everyone else at dinner tonight."

"Sound like a plan."

Later that evening.

"well that's the last of them." Bindi states,

After we had all  gorged ourself on A big fry up we had retreated to the living room to start opening the present.

We had received a variety of different things such as.

Multiple Dining sets , 4 bedding sets, mr and Mrs pillows , mr and Mrs mugs,monogrammed mr and Mrs bathrobes, 3 towel sets , wine, cash and so much more.

"Well you guys are set for life, that's for sure." Chandler jokes.

We find a spare cupboard to put everything in for the time being.

Later that night as were laying in bed I turn to face Robert.

"I don't know what we're going to do with half of the stuff we have, I mean what are we going to to with rice cookers or casserole dishes."

Robert seems to be debating something.

I know that face.

"What is it?"

Robert licks his lips then looks to me.

"Well I've been thinking about it for a while and even more since we got engaged, but I was thinking maybe we could get our own place for the time being, I mean bindi and chandler have there own place built on the zoo and I was thinking that maybe we could do the same, one day we will start a family of our own and it would be nice to have a place for them."

I'm speechless, I try to process what I've just learned.

I could see where Robert was coming from, I love Terri, but it would be Good to have our own place, where we don't have to worry about waking up terri or being walked in on (it happened once and still this day I still blush when I think about it.) and while she has made it clear that everything in the house is mine as well I can't help but feel a-bit weird when I use the milk or eggs or any other food item in the house that I haven't paid for, it still feels like I'm just a guest, Robert tells me I'm being ridiculous, but still.

The other thing that took me of guard was Robert speaking about children. Through all the time we were dating and even through the engagement our future plans or children never really came up. Oh sure we would joke about it but it was never a subject that was touched on. I have always wanted children of course, 3 or 4 is what I always dreamed off , but I never really knew Roberts opinion on the matter and to know that he also wanted children fill me heart up with joy.

"We don't have to make any plans yet but it's just something to look into for the future."

Finally processing everything I open my mouth to respond.

"Well if we were going to do it how would we go about it."

Robert smiles against my head.

"Well we would first have to talk to mum, then see if there was a location preferably near the main house as well as bindi and chandler we could build on, them we would have to speak to an architect about the project , once the house had been designed then we would have to diggers, and builders start working, though it could take a year to build and do all the plumbing and electrical wiring."

I press a kiss to Roberts shoulder.

"Well we have plenty of time to go through all the details, we don't need to rush,let's just enjoy our life and take it day by day."

He places a kiss on my lips, then we both drift of into a deep sleep.

Yes we have plenty Time to think about the future.

I'm in no rush.

What ever the future has in store with us we shall face it together.

My Tarzan and I.

THE END