Chriatmas with the irwin's

Chapter 9

Weeks passed and now everyone in the zoo knew that me and Robert were officially an item.

Bindi was thrilled for both me and Robert as well as Terri, who had told me that if her boy was to date anyone she was glad it was me.

Though gratefully I was still pretty much treated the same as I was before, I still did my jobs and pulled my weight around the zoo.

It's officially the 22nd of December and today was my last shift before Christmas vacation started, pretty much all my dorm mates left yesterday when collage closed for winter break, in my whole building there was only a handful of us left.

A pair of arms wrap around my waist and a kiss is placed on the back of my neck.

I smile at the familiar touch and voice.

"Just wanted to wish you a merry Christmas before the holidays started, might be my last chance before you head back to the states for Christmas."

I hadn't exactly told anyone I would be celebrating Christmas alone this year.

I didn't want the pity.

Everyone assumed I would be going home for Christmas and I simply just didn't correct them.

" I want to meet your family, so why don't you introduce me to them over the internet."

Okay I have To come clean.

I turn to face Robert.

Who looses his smile quickly once he see's my less than happy expression.

"I have something to confess."

I have Roberts full attention now

"I'm not actually going to be in America for Christmas, my parents are taking my younger sibling to visit my eldest brother in Oregon and my other sibling are spending time with there significant others ."

Robert had now lost his smile completely

"So your going to be alone for Christmas, then why did you tell people you were going home for Christmas."

"Technically I never said I was going home people just assumed I was and I didn't say anything."

"But why wouldn't you tell me."

"Because I don't want pity."

Robert pulls me to him and hugs me tight I burrow my face into his shirt which is smelling a bit like sweat but also like Robert.

Later that evening

Just as I was getting ready for bed I got a phone call from Robert.

"You have to pack your bags."

"......excuse me?"

"Your going to be spending Christmas With us as well as New Years. So on Christmas Eve you shall come to us and you'll have the guest bedroom all the way though to New Years."

"Robert slow down your confusing me."

"Well after you left I went and informed mum, chandler and bindi of your Christmas situation and they all wanted you to celebrate Christmas with us, we usually spend it with my moms family but this year we're staying here and you joining us, bindi's already looking forward to it."

"I'm not getting out of this am I?"

"No."

"well then, I would be honoured to join you and your family for Christmas."

Christmas Eve

I make my way up the path towards the Irwin house.

My suitcase in on hand and the container in the other.

Before I can even knock the door in opened and out walks Robert.

"Hey Happy Christmas Eve."

Robert brings me into a hug.

I hug back as best I can with my luggage.

My suitcase is quickly taken out of my hand.

And Robert drags it into the house, that leaves me With just the container.

The Irwin house is reflects there personality, it's so warm and open.

There is one big area that had the kitchen dining and living room all in one.

The stairs are situated to the side of the wall.

"Mom, bindi and chandler are just our doing some jobs, they'll be back in a little bit."

Remembering the container in my hand I quickly pass it to Robert.

"I wasn't sure in what to get you for Christmas and I didn't have much money so I baked you and the others some cookies."

I had gone to the shop yesterday and brought the ingredients I even found some animal cookie cutters.

"Wow, the others are going to love these I'm sure of it."

Robert soon led my up the stairs to the bedrooms he pointed out the bathroom, his room, terri's room, Bindi's old room and the on the very end was the guest room.

"We're going to be having a barbie tonight, chandler's gonna be doing steaks , burgers, sausages and tone's of other stuff."

Robert lays my suitcase down of the bed.

"I'll leave you to unpack, and get settled."

This Christmas is going To be great I can already tell.

January 2nd

I had just settled back down on my dorm room and relaxed on my bed, people would be arriving back in a few days so I tried to enjoy this peace and quite while I still could.

Christmas with Robert and his family had been amazing. From the moment I arrived they treated me like I was part of the family.

On Christmas Eve chandler did a BBQ that I swore could feed the 500 , then there was Christmas Day it was brilliant the park was empty but that meant I was able to help out in all the exhibits, I swear I've fallen more in love with the park than ever before, if I could I would probably spend the rest of my life there.

We all pitched in for the Christmas lunch, you really couldn't of gotten a better Christmas vacation.

New Years was also a great time with another BBQ, champagne, sparklers.....

The list goes on.

I was also celebrating my 88.4 % on my exams which is equivalent to an A all Across my papers and with my 3.8 GPA I was eligible to continue for the spring term.

I had received a big box from my mother in it was presents from her , my father, brother and sisters, grandparents, aunts , uncles, cousins and some from my friends back in America.

So all in all quite a great Christmas, let's hope that this next year is full of great things.