A photoshoot

Chapter 5

After the whole sunset coast debacle not much happened in the next week Aside from being given easier jobs at the zoo and mainly Tanya fretting over me.

(Boy , that girl is a mama bear, the first day back after the incident she made sure I didn't have to lift a finger she had Every one in the dorm catering to my every need.)

Things soon went back to normal and I was back working at the zoo.

Though this time I was in for a surprise.

It was just a normal Saturday at the zoo ,I was just finishing changing the bedding of the dingos when mike comes up to me.

"Hey Dani can I borrow your for a second."

"Sure mike what up."

"Robert and chandler what to come in and get some promotion for the dingo's, so Roberts gonna bring in his camera so I need you to just do some interaction with the dingos, really get them to interact with you maybe a few hugs and kisses, just images that show the dingos in a positive light can you do that."

"Sure no problem."

I quickly finished cleaning the habitat and stored the cleaning tools just in time, because as soon as I got back to the habitat Robert and chandler had just pulled up.

It was Robert who spotted me first.

"Hey Dani"

"Hey Robert"

"We all set."

"Dingos are ready to go, just tell me what you want me to do."

The three of us walked into the habitat, at the current moment we were only photographing 2 dingos.

Koba the male and Lana the female.

Robert was currently setting up his camera while me and chandler were waiting off to the side until we were needed.

Once Robert was ready he spoke to me and chandler.

"Okay I just want to get some shots of them on there own you know just to show everyone them just relaxed and normal,okay."

The next 15 or so minutes were spent with Robert taking pictures from all angles, some with them laying down,some standing up.

"Okay guys can you start throwing balls to them and just interact with them."

And we did just that, the next 30 minutes were spent playing ball, cuddling them and all around just having the time of my life.

Robert turned to me.

"Okay for the last picture can I have you siting down on the ground and then I want each dingo siting in each side of you."

That last picture took a little bit longer to set up compared to others, mostly because it was nearly impossible to get both dingos to cooperate at the same time but in the end we got it.

And one of the best pictures came as a surprise, as I turned my head to look at Lana she leaned forward and planted a lick on my nose.

"Awww thats a ripper right there"

After that last picture Robert and chandler packed up.

just in time for my coffee break.

I offered to make them both a cuppa, though chandler refused stating that he had to get back to help bindi with the giraffe's though Robert agreed.

"Chandler will you make sure this gets to my mum that's would be grouse thanks."

Robert handed the camera to chandler.

"Sure."

With this final words chandler looks the cart back toward the entrance to the zoo.
Leaving me and Robert to head to the nearest staff room.

"I heard from bindi that you were hit with a surfboard, are you alright."

"Oh I'm fine, i don't even feel it anymore."

We spent the next 20 minutes talking about our hobbies, like how Robert loves photography and is a pretty amazing artist. Really he is such a down to earth guy, he's always so upbeat so calm and confident, but then all the Irwin's are, and it's not just for tv, they are genuinely nice and welcoming people.

We seemed to be talking longer than we thought because rushing through the door is one out of breath mike and bindi.

"I've been looking for you everywhere Robert mum wants to discuss your images with you."

"Danielle the it's feeding time for the dingo's I have the meat prepared all you need it do it take it in to them."

Bother me and Robert looked at each other in shock had we really spent so much time together, it hardly felt like it.

We both stood up and put the empty  styrofoam cups in the bin.

"It was really great to hang out with you,Dani we should do it again sometime."

"I'd like that."

We both hurried out the hut and if I'm different directions.

"Oh to be young."

"What?"

Mike looks at me with a grin

"You and Robert seemed to be cozy"

He laughed at my look of bewilderment.

Evening

"Shots,shots,shots,shots" Tanya was shouting over the busy crowd.

As it was Saturday evening and the bar Tanya had chosen was packed full of people.

Me, Tanya,Gary,bree,holly,Jackson,grace & peter we're all out at one of the local bars for students night, in other words if you were a student  and had your student ID card you could get drinks half price.

By now everyone was a little tipsy.

Grace had her head on my shoulder.

"Dani we have to find you a man."

I laughed.

My head fuzzy

"Oh please why would I need a man when I heave my girls."

"Yh screw men, who needs them." Bree laughs from my right

I now have Bree's head on one shoulder and Graces head on another, I wrap my arms around the girls.

Tanya who is being held by Jackson laughs at us.

"Say all you want but I happen to find my man very attractive and satisfying."

There were whistles and catcalls around the table.

Jackson gave the most pleased smirk.

"No but seriously Dani have you every had a boyfriend."

"Of course I have."

"Well why don't you let me find you a cute guy."

"Because I want to keep my first priority and a guy is just gonna cause a distraction ."

"Yes but there a really good distraction."

Tanya and the girls nodded.

"If I meet the right guy then sure."