permanently moving

Chapter 18

It was finally here after 4 years, today was the day I was graduating.

everyone I knew had come to watch me.

I swear my family alone took up 2 Rows of seats.

My mother and father, all five of my siblings, Rebecca and a now 3 Yr old Archie, Charles and Jenna, my grandparents on both sides, my aunts and uncles on my dads side (my moms live across the country), and Robert.

Here I am a fresh face at 22 ready to Take on the world.

The last year had been very hectic.

Who knew there was so much paperwork involved with gaining citizenship in another country.

Over the past year I have  had many visits to Australia and it's been great strengthening my resolve to move out there fully.

We were looking into a temporary visa for the time being that would give me access to the county for 4 years and three months.

That meant that I would be able to start working at the zoo and earning a living while still working on my full citizenship and that way I would still be allowed to leave the country to visit my family.

Terri has found me a position as a Zoologist basically that would mean I would Provide scientific and technical assistance in the management of the animal collection and assists in conducting various research or field conservation projects.

Most of my stuff had already been shipped out all i really had to do now was pack my suitcase and enough clothing to last me until the rest of my stuff arrived at the zoo. They were binging shipped by plane which took about 15 days to arrive.

So hopefully when I officially move there next week my stuff should arrive a few days After me.

And yes you did hear me say the zoo.

Terri has invited me to move in with them, a complete shock for me but also a big relief that meant I didn't have to worry about housing.

Terri was very honest, stating about me and Robert being adults now and having been in a relationship for so long she thought it was only right, only asking that we kept quiet and took precaution otherwise she didn't care.

That had both me and Robert red in the face an chandler and bindi laughing at our expense.

We're all in a line waiting to get our certificates.

Finally it's my turn.

"Danielle Lawson."

I hear my family applaud and holler.

Making my way up the steps I try not to fall down in my heels.

I am able to accept my certificate without any mishaps.

I'm guided back to my seat as the rest of the students grab there diplomas.