Chapter 7 ~We Have Visitors~

Joshua had gotten a phone call from Minghao earlier, but declined it. He was beyond furious that the Chinese boy had disobeyed him AND on top of that, he didn't tell him about it.

He finally got home and was greeted by his parents that looked all dressed up.

"Woah, what's all this." He asked, moving his index finger in a circular motion.

"We're having guests over. Now go make yourself presentable." His mother stated.

"Since when? Do I not get a heads up next time?" Joshua was even mad than before because he knew that more than one person had kept things from him.

"This was a last-minute thing. As CEO of the company, I have to do this because we can't schedule any other time in working hours." Joshua's father said. "Also, their wife and son are coming too, please behave." He added.

"What do you mean behave? I always behave when people are around!" Joshua exclaimed.

"Sheesh, what's up with you today? Calm down." His father said before shoeing his son up the stairs. "Now go make yourself handsome!"

Joshua was now looking at his wide closet, trying to decide on what he would look good in. He decided on a grey dress shirt and some white jeans that complimented his silver hair. Choosing to not wear shoes, he jogged down the stairs and helped his mother with dinner.

"I'm sorry for being rude earlier, I'm just not in the mood right now," Joshua confessed.

"That's alright, son. Would you like to talk about it after our guests leave?" She suggested and her son nodded his head.

At that moment, the doorbell rang, signalling that the visitors were here.

His dad rushed towards the door and welcomed the guests. Joshua had no idea who was coming so he decided to just focus on the dinner; which his mother left him to do, to go and greet the family.

"Good evening Mr, Mrs Lee." Joshua heard his mum say from the door. He knew quite a few people with the last name Lee, so he didn't think too much of it. "Dokyeom, I haven't seen you in ages." She said, pulling the Lee's son into a hug.

That name seemed oddly familiar to the boy in the kitchen, like as if an old friend was visiting.

"I heard you were in year 11 right now." Joshua's dad stated. "Wow, you're so grown up! Our son is in year 11 as well."

Joshua knew that this was coming as soon as he heard 'year 11.' He was hoping they wouldn't, but knowing his parents, they would bring it up.

"Why don't you go help their son in the kitchen, Seokmin." Mrs Lee proposed. Upon hearing the son's name, Joshua froze. Unless there was another Lee Seokmin in the town, it had to be the person he despised the most.

"Oh no, he doesn't have to." Mrs Hong reassured.

Yes!

"We can start talking while they help with dinner." Mrs Hong said.

No!

"Great idea." Mr Hong agreed.

Shit. Joshua thought.

They then walked towards the kitchen, where Joshua was supposedly helping cook dinner, but he wasn't there. "Our son is right in here- where is he?" The said boy's dad questioned.

"Jisoo!" His mother yelled out. Once Joshua heard them coming to the kitchen, he bolted upstairs and sprinted into his room, slamming and locking the door.

His breathing was unsteady as he just ran at 100 miles per hour, just to his room. He didn't want to face that self-absorbed brat, so he decided to hide in his room.

"Jisoo!" His mother called out. "We have guests, come back down!" She continued.

Joshua hated the idea of cooking with him, so he made up an excuse. "Sorry mum, I suddenly started to feel sick and I didn't want to contaminate the food!" He yelled back.

Back downstairs, there was a conversation already starting back. "Mrs Lee, would you like to help cook and Seokmin, you can go upstairs to Jisoo's room if you would like." Mrs Hong implied.

She agreed and they went off to cook, while the others went to the living room to talk, leaving Seokmin at the bottom of the staircase, contemplating whether he should go to the son's bedroom or not.

He decided that it couldn't hurt to make new friends, so he made his way to a room at the end of the corridor on the second floor.

Reaching the door, it seemed as if the son had put his name in bold letters in the top centre of the door. When he got close enough to the room, he read out the name.

Joshua.