Chapter 5 ~I can get your best friend~

Joshua was in his last class; English. He had this class with Minghao, but for some reason, he wasn't there. He decided that after class he would call the younger, to see if he was okay.

He thought the lesson was going good until one of the athletic boys showed up late to class.

"Vernon!" Mr Kim shouted. "You're late again. What's your excuse this time?" He continued, clearly annoyed.

"Lmao wot," Vernon said, completely oblivious to what the teacher had just said. Turns out, he had his AirPods in.

"Where were you?" Mr Kim asked firmly. Vernon turned to the teacher and said, "I was with my girlfriend, but then she told me to get to class." He shrugged. "I wouldn't be here if she didn't." He added.

"Detention at lunch tomorrow, sit down next to.." the teacher trailed off. "Joshua."

After his name was called, Joshua immediately cursed under his breath. What is it with him and having encounters with the athletic boys? Next thing he knows, Seokmin is going to bump into him.

Vernon strutted over to Joshua's desk and threw his bag on the ground, slumping down in the chair next to the elders. "Sup, church boy," Vernon said with a smirk on his face.

Vernon was wearing red-tinted glasses and a rainbow, tie-dye hoodie, match with a colourful beanie. (A/N: honestly iconic)

"Will you stop calling me that?" Joshua snapped. "Why? Want me to call you Joshie-Woshie~" he teased and ruffled the elder's hair.

"Don't touch me!" Joshua raised his voice a little, shoving the younger's hand away.

"Okay class, so since we have gone through the basics of English this semester, for the first part of the lesson, you will be talking to your desk partner only using English." The teacher explained.

Jumping out the window never seemed more tempting to Joshua at that moment. He had to talk to his enemy for at least 10 minutes.

"You may start now." The teacher demanded and the room filled with stuttering chatters. The only fluent people in the class were Vernon and Joshua. How ironic.

"How's life as a professional fuckboy?" Joshua asked coldly. He expected the younger to just flip him off or something, but he replied with, "tch, at least I can get a girl."

That made Joshua uncomfortable. Not everyone knew, but anyone curious knew that he was gay. "I might not be able to get a girl, but I can surely get your best friend." Joshua sassily replied. "Oh yeah?" Vernon raised his eyebrows and smirked. "My best friend is Seokmin." He continued.

Joshua sat paralysed in his seat, he did not mean for his last sentence to come out and he knew his best friend was Seokmin. "That got you to shut up." Vernon slouched back in his seat proudly.

After that little incident, the teacher had calmed the students down and proceeded with the lesson.

-After School-

Joshua sighed with relief as he finally got out of English class. He pulled out his phone and dialled Minghao's number as quickly as possible.

Ring Ring

Ring Ring

Ring Ri-

"Hello?" A familiar voice from the phone said.

"Minghao?! Where have you been? Why weren't you at school the last period?" Joshua exclaimed, worriedly. 

"Uh, he's sleeping right now." The voice spoke again.

As Joshua heard that last sentence, he was filled with rage.

"Why the fuck are you even near my best friend, Jun." He asked in a threatening voice.

"Can't I help my boyfriend?" Jun innocently said.

Joshua's eyes opened wide and his jaw had dropped to the ground.

"B-b-boyfriend?"

A/N: for those who don't know