Lucky Me

A/N: This was my very first story that I have ever written. I already finished it but I decided to rewrite it. :) Please comment, fan, vote! I'll try to update on a regular basis. I'm new to writing on Wattpad so I'm not really sure how things are done :) anyways, happy reading! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 1

I have always been the type to look into things a little too much. I could turn the simplest gesture into a complex statement of true love. Although, I know that I have never been right about my past predictions, but I know that this time I'm right. I guess its just that feeling of unsettling anticipation mixed in with excitement that I had in the pit of my stomach ever since Derek called me last night.

I just got into my room after he had dropped me off from our date last night at Tommy's Roller Rink. Usually we wouldn't go out to a roller rink but Saturdays were 'couples skate'. Besides, seeing Derek attempt to skate happened to be the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. With his muscular build and his height, roller skating made him look uneasy and clumsy. He fell more times then he actually spent seconds standing, and when he would try to stand up straight, his knees wobbled him straight to the core and back onto the hard multicolored floor. It reminded me of watching a grandma playing football. They just don't belong together.

However, it was that mix of clumsiness and roughness that made him at that moment more attractive than I had ever seen him. In his roller skates, he wasn't the same Derek Carson that everyone thought was such a bad ass. The same Derek that in his presence, you automatically feel less significant. The Derek that i have been dating for the past five months. In that very moment, I saw Derek and I saw how he really isn't any of those things and for some reason, that made him even more attractive. That was the moment that I decided that I was ready.

With his simple words over the phone, we had another date set up for tonight. Since then, I have been walking on glass trying to make sure that I was beyond perfect. I found myself standing in front of the mirror constantly trying to tame my brown tumbleweed that nestled on the top of my face.

"Riley, are you SURE it's going to happen tonight?" my best friend Arianna said, with a flip of her long brown hair. She was laying on her stomach on top of my bed, flipping through the lasted edition of Seventeen.

I was about to answer when my other best friend, Sydney, stepped in and saved me from an awkward explanation. "Seriously Arianna? He's taking her to Pecan Grill."

"So?"

"It's probably the closest thing to a fancy restaurant that this town has. He wants to impress her." Sydney was sitting up against the foot of my bed, twisting her long blonde hair into French knots.

"All I'm saying is that I heard Derek's cousin works there. He could of gotten a family discount." Arianna sighed. "I just don't want Riley to look into this too much."

"Arianna, you and I both know that a date to The Pecan Grill and you're bound to get laid. So please, don't let the fact that you're jealous about Riley having a boyfriend when you don't get in the way of her happiness." Sydney said as she flicked her perfectly braided hair back over her shoulder.

Sydney was blunt with just about everything. If you were doing something stupid, she'd be the first to set you straight. That's why I loved her. Ever since that day at the community pool. Sydney was new to the neighborhood and my mom forced me to take be good neighbor and hang out with her. I figured that I could bring Arianna along so it wouldn't be too awkward. When we go there, Arianna headed straight for the high dive in her bright orange bikini, and Sydney and I walked over to the lounge chairs in an awkward silence. By the time we set up our personal belongings near the chairs, it happened.