Into the Sea

Another extremely short short story! haha yeah i really put the emphasis on 'short' :)

Into the Ocean

I stared out into the calming ocean and closed my eyes, imagining his strong hands holding onto my waist like he did all those months ago. I watched as a small sailboat slowly made it's way across the wide expanse of the soothing ocean. In the distance, the lighthouse shone onto the water, illuminating each curled ripple as it rushed to the shore. This was the same lighthouse that failed me that night. The night Ian was taken from me.

He had always loved to spend time on his boat, roaming endlessly on the waves as it lead him to the unknown. He'd spend afternoons on his boat instead of with me. As the days grew longer and his hours on the boat carried on, I grew jealous, as any girlfriend would. I told him how I felt, but it didn't change.

I always found myself wondering, what was so great about the ocean and his precious boat. One day, I planned on finding out myself, so I went to find Ian and his boat.

The last thing I remember was staring off into the distance and seeing Ian standing outside, in the pouring rain. Even through the downpour, I knew he was looking at me. I knew he would regret everything he did. I bet now he wished that he didn't ignore me all those times before.

I remembered thinking that as I looked into the distance for the lighthouse light for guidance back to the shore. Instead, I saw pure darkness that was engulfed by the rain. It pelted my scalp as I struggled to find a way back to Ian.

I needed to find him. My Ian.

That was my last thought as a soul on Earth.