Chapter Two

Okay, so this one is still somewhat another intro...But it's with Ethan :) Now, the next chapter will be  better!...I HOPE haha :P Enjoy! Thanks you guys!

Happy Reading!

Kat :)

_______________________________________________________________________

Chapter Two

Ethan

Just keep focus.

“Ethan! Are you even listening to me?” my mom’s voice rang through my ears like banging pots and pans. I threw the pillow over my head to shield the noise.

“Do you have to talk so loud?” I mumbled.

The pillow was pulled away from my head and thrown violently on the floor. “Yes, I do have to talk this loud!” She yelled into my ear.

“Damn it, mom. Can’t you just let me sleep? I don’t feel so good.” I said as I pulled the covers over my head.

“Oh no, you don’t.” And just like the pillow, the covers were pulled from my body and onto the floor. “Get up.”

“But, I don’t feel so go-“

“Yeah, I heard you.” My mom said. “And I’m sure this will help. Ruth, please open up the window.”

“No, no, no!” I said fast, but it was too late. The sound of the curtains being drawn filled the room and I prepared myself.

That was when the most horrible thing happened. The sunlight blared into the room, covering what seemed like every possible inch of my bedroom. I groaned loudly as I covered my eyes with my hands in an attempt to block the sunlight, but it was no use the sun still shone through. My sensitivity to the light on top of this pounding headache I’ve had since my mom rudely woke me up made me feel like a bag full of bricks just landed right on my head.

“Ruth! Please, close them,” I complained into the mattress.

“Sorry, Ethan. Your mom needs you up,” Ruth told me sternly.

I didn’t need to be looking at my mom to know that she would be looking down at me with a smug look on her face. I knew that Ruth would listen to my mom over me, but it was worth a shot. Ruth never disobeys my parent’s wishes, which probably explains why my parents kept her around for so long. Ruth was our housekeeper. She’s been working for our family since my parents got married around twenty seven years ago, which practically made her part of the family.

“God, mom. Can’t you just come back in like four hours?” I asked, still mumbling into the mattress.

“No. Your father and I want to speak with you down stairs. So get up and meet us downstairs.” My mom said, and then added to whom I’m assuming was Ruth. “Make sure he gets up.”

“Sure thing, Mrs. Rowe.”

The slam of the door filled the room and I once again winced at the loudness of the room. I groaned as I kept my head buried in the mattress as I felt around the floor for the blanket and pillows. Once I felt the cotton of the pillow under my hand, I brought it back up over my head; for it to only be ripped once again from my grasp.

“Ah, no. You heard your mother.” Ruth said above me. “Now, up you get!” Ruth then placed her arms underneath me, turning me over onto my side. She tucked her arms underneath my armpits and lifted me up. “Come on, now.”

“Ruth,” I sighed. “Can’t you disobey my mom this once?”

I heard a crinkling sound behind me, where Ruth was sitting. “I’m not going to do that. Now open up.”