Chapter One

Okay, so this story is based off of something in real life. It's not exactly the same haha (because that would be weird) but it's similar in their own way! But I really like what i have planned for this story. It's going to be cool to write in alternating POV's! So, i hope you all like this and i have to warn you all, the begining isn't so great, but it's the first chapter haha :)

Happy reading!

Kat :)

____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One

Lacy

Okay, this sucks.

I stood on the apron of The McAllen Community Theater and listened to Jerry, our musical director, yell at me and the entire cast. Well, mostly me.

“Lacy, how many times do I have to tell you?” He asked me at the end of rehearsal.

 Jerry was now standing in center house, making his way to the stage. He was in his usual black button up shirt and dark, faded jeans. His jet black hair was messy and unkempt, as well as his facial hair. He usually keeps himself well groomed and all traces of facial hair gone, but due to the stress he is under for the opening night of our upcoming production of The Wedding Singer he is  certainly letting himself go.

I felt everyone’s eyes on me, waiting for the answer.

“Uh, that this show means a lot to you?” I answered, more of a question than a statement.

“It means more to me than my own life. And why is that?” He continued.

“Because…” I trailed off, racking my brain for the answer.

“It’s because Kristen Rowe is coming to opening night.” Nicole answered.

I looked over at her and met her gaze. She was looking straight at me with a triumphant look settled on her face as if she were better than me, which she certainly thought she was. Ever since I got Julia Sullivan in The Wedding Singer she has been on my case. Melanie told me when I first came to McAllen Theater that Nicole thought she owned the place because she would always receive the lead roles and now I was seen as competition. What really bugged her was that I was new meat and I landed the lead over her.

“Right you are, Nicole.” Jerry said, still looking at me. “Lacy, you may not understand the importance of Mrs. Rowe’s presence at our theater because you are new here, but-”

“Yeah, this is why you don’t give the leads to amateurs.” Nicole snorted.

Jerry shot her a stern look, to which she shrugged off.

I ignored her comment, and said, “I know who the Rowe’s are.”

Who didn’t know the Rowe family? Anyone in the theatre industry was very familiar with that family. The Rowe’s were like Broadway’s power couple. Noah and Kristen Rowe were both stars on the Broadway stage, but once Kristen got pregnant 24 years ago, she stopped acting all together while her husband carried on. Kristen still stays intact with the art though. I’ve read that she often attends her husband’s shows. Also, every year, she goes to a local community theater to ‘support the arts’. It’s been said that once in a while she finds actors or actresses that she deems worthy of the big leagues and helps them get an audition set up with a casting director.

I know that this performance is important, which is why I’m so nervous for it. That’s why I couldn’t even remember my own name during rehearsal, let alone my songs or lines, which explains why Jerry is beyond pissed at me.