12: Where are the Target Signs and Water Guns?

Ahhhhhh finally!!!! Chapter 12! I stayed up late to finish this one and I am too lazy to proof read so don't yell at me please haha :))

Happy reading!

Kat :)

12: Where are the Target Signs and Water Guns?

When I walked into the courtyard of Hoagland High early the next Monday morning, I half expected there to be a crowd of my adoring haters waiting to bash on how 'heartless and cruel' I was to Peter, the innocent foreigner, by stomping on his toe and then proceeding to abandon him. (I mean come on! Did they seriously expect me to give him a ride after what he did to me? I think stabbing his foot with my heel was good way of saying 'you can walk hime'.)

However, when I finally did walk through the front doors of Hoagland, there were no 'Violet, You Suck' banners or people waiting to throw tomato's at me. There wasn't even a crowd of people to yell hateful things at me when I walked down the hall to my locker. (I imagined it to be like at a concert for those three brothers concert, [I forget their names. They over use hair gel and try to look smart by adding big glasses. Anyone know 'em? I forget] except instead of screaming 'I love you! Marry me!' my fans scream 'I hate you! Go die!' Different message, same enthusiasm; so I'll gladly take it!)

I made it all the way to my first period class without a single comment as to how I was a 'tease'. (I even considered going back to my locker just in case I arrived too early for my welcoming party to get here. I know I probably sound like a girl just wanting attention, but you have to understand my predicament. The past couple of weeks or so, I have been getting non-stop crap from these people and I'm in some state of shock because now they choose not to acknowledge me.) I'm relieved that they finally gave me the cold shoulder. Now I can roam the halls aimlessly without getting scared that I'll be stuffed in a locker (even though that stuff only happens on tv shows; a girl can dream, can't she?).

"So, tell me this, you actually WANT these people to notice you?" Lucille asked me during lunch. She was taking her daily quick five minute break with me. Her blue apron was smudged with gravy from today's lunch and I could've swore I saw a bit of corn stuck in her hairnet.

"No, that's not it. I am just freaking out because usually when people go silent, they plot." I explained sticking my fork into the small bowl of jello.

"Child, what can they possibly do?"

"Kill me." I said with a straight face. "I found a ransom note in my locker before school," I looked over my shoulder pretending to be distressed. "You can't tell anyone or they will kill me and my family."

Lucille looked at me through her wired glasses with a shocked expression on her face. I could feel her searching my face for any sign of a joke but I kept my face dead serious. "You can't possibly think that they'll do that." Lucille said in a squeaky voice. "We have to tell someone!"

"Shh," I said flipping my fork up to her face, a few pieces of red jello flew into the air. "Someone might hear you."

"Violet." Lucille said quietly. I knew she was scared because that was the first time she called me by my actual name and not 'Child'.

I finally broke out a smile and I saw Lucille's shoulders slump.

"Gracious, Child. You nearly scared me to death. I was about to report this to the police."

"Sorry, I just needed a bit of fun." I shrugged.

"Well you almost gave ol' Lucille a darn near heart attack." She said placing her hand on her chest.

I immediately felt bad. Lucille was old so chances of a heart attack was very high. "Oh, sorry," I muttered. I quickly put my head down and began moving my corn in circles with my fork.