Chapter 16

*Ricky POV*

Watching Nini run out of the dance sent my head spinning. Staring at where she was, I spoke at the group as a whole: 'Someone make sure she is okay.'

Then I left as well.

When I got home, I went straight to my room and laid down in an attempt to stop the world from constantly rotating around me. But it didn't.

Eventually, I fell asleep. It took me throwing up twice and 4 hours, but I did slowly drift. When I woke, a message was waiting for me on my phone.

Nini is okay. She went home and fell asleep. Let us know about you too.

I message Kourtney, telling her I am fine. The whole group will see through it but whatever.

I drag myself into the shower and get dressed after. I slowly make my way downstairs, grab a piece of toast, making my way out of the door not bothering to answer any of my dad's questions.

Ten minutes later, I'm outside Nini's bedroom waiting for her to answer. I can hear her stirring inside so I know she is just moving slowly. I don't blame her.

She opens the door. Her face doesn't change, but I can read the emotion in her eyes. She is happy to see me.

And not at the same time.

And then something happens that I didn't expect.

Feeling her soft lips on mine again was heaven. After all this time, it feel like a part of me has finally returned.

When she pulls away, we just stare for a while. Reading each other.

'I have wanted to do that for so long.' She says, laughing nervously. I know my eyes light because her expression does the same.

'I like you, Ricky.' She says before I can get a word in. and now I'm just confused. 'Ah, man. To finally admit that makes me feel so much lighter. Last night I remembered so much. There is a lot still missing but I remembered enough to know that you are my best friend. You have been since kindergarten and I like you.'

With this, she sits down on her bed and let's put a sigh of relief. But I just stand there, finally understanding the situation.

She has remembered so much. But she has remembered nothing about us dating. Not the start. Not the breakup. Not the play. And not the crash.

I am finally broken from my trance when I feel Nini wrap her arms around my body.

'I'm sorry, I just dumped that on you. Everything just came back to me all of a sudden and seeing you, I wanted to shout from the rooftops how I feel.'

She looks at me nervously for a second. 'If you don't feel the same anymore, I understand. I just thought...'

Before she can finish her sentence, I pull her in for another kiss. And it is heaven, like the first.

'I will never stop loving you, Nini. But I see that we are in different positions. You still don't remember the crash, or anything that we had before then. I remember our relationship and you don't.' I stop to gather my thoughts and see sadness begin to rise. 'Hey, hey don't worry. What I'm trying to say is that I think we need to take it slow and not jump into where we think we should be.'

I wait for her reaction and am thrilled when she puts on the biggest smile and jumps into my arms. I spin her around until we fall onto her bed, laughing.

Everything isn't as it was. But I feel a sense of normality. I have my best friend back. I have my girlfriend back. Our relationship won't be the same. But for the first time since the accident I feel like everything is going to be okay.

--------------------------

Hey

Sorry it has taken me so long to update. Also, sorry the chapters have been shorter and that the quality has kinda dropped.

I think I'm going to end this soon. Maybe a few more chapter to tie things up. Let me know what you have thought of this story and thank you to every one who has kept reading and voting and commenting.

-olly0512