Chapter 8

*Ricky POV*

I sit on my bed, crying into Gina's arms while she rubs my back gently, trying to comfort me. She rests her chin on the top of my head and lets out a soft shushing sound.

'Ricky, it's going to be ok.' She tries to tell me, but it just makes me cry harder.

'It can't be ok, Gina. She kissed EJ. I've lost her. Nothing is ok without her.' My words are barely amongst my loud cry. But they are the truth. I've hurt her too much. She will never come back to me. The worst has happened and there is nothing I can do to change it. Not now that she is kissing EJ Caswell. Not that I blame her. Im sure he would never crash a car that she was in.

Out of nowhere, I feel heavily embarrassed. Me, here, crying my eyes out, being comforted by Gina. This isn't something I do. I force myself to bury my emotions so as to not cause any further embarrassment and wipe away my tears. Gina picks up on my sudden change and prompts my head up so that my eyes meet hers. Her beautiful, bright eyes.

Her words snap me out of my trance, 'Hey, why the sudden change. You know you can cry around me right? We are friends.'

'Mhm' I mumble. But I won't let my emotions out anymore today. Ricky Bowen doesn't cry.

Gina tilts her head slightly, in the way that says c'mon, what's going on. I just look back at her and mimic her movement, trying to distract myself from anything I might feel about Nini. I continue to copy her movements, paying extra attention to her expressions and exaggerating them as much as I can. This achieves a laugh and before we know it we are rolling all over the place, laughing our heads off and trying to regain our breath.

When we finally manage to take in a breath again, we just sit. Looking at one another. I can feel the emotions resurfacing and I try to shake them. But it's no use. I have hurt her so much that I have driven her away. Now Nini is with EJ. Kissing EJ. Hurting me.

But I deserve it, right? Karma. She deserves to hurt me in every way, and this is the way she has chosen. Its over for good, me and Nini. It hurts me to acknowledge the truth of the situation. I have to bury the pain.

Without realising, I have moved closer to Gina. So much so that our faces are a mere two centimetres apart. I can feel her warm breath on my lips and before I can stop myself I slowly lean in.

Before anything can happen, heavy footsteps sound from outside the house. Whoever it was, they were running up the driveway.

'I-ill get it.' Gina says hurriedly as she gets up from the bed and makes her way downstairs.

What...just...happened? Did I just almost kiss Gina?

The pain is so much that I have to get rid of it. But like that? Do I even like Gina? I mean she is very pretty and really nice but...

No. It was merely a distraction. I love Nini and nothing will stop that. She can kiss EJ as much as she likes but I will never stop loving my Freaky Math Girl. I just have to show her that I didn't meant to hurt her, and I never will again.

I head downstairs to see who is at the door. When I reach the bottom step, I lock eyes with Nini. Why is she here?

'Ricky...' is all she can get out before I involuntarily burst into tears again. It's too much for me. To see her after she kissed EJ. I know I deserve the pain. But it still feels like I've been hit by a truck. I run back up to my room and slam my door. I want Nini back, I do. I want to fix all that I've done wrong to her.

But I think its going to take some time. Maybe me and Nini are destined to always take a break I think.

I decide here and now that I am going to do everything I can to make Nina Salazar-Roberts trust me again. I am going to fix everything I have done.

But first, I have to let my pain ease.

--------------------

A/N

Hey,

Another short chapter this time. I hope you like it none the less.

Let me know what you think of the story so far.

-olly0512