Chapter 1

*Nini POV*

Well this has been the best week of my life.

First, we pulled off the most amazing, and...eventful, production of HSM ever. It felt amazing to finally play a lead role after being cast on purpose. I got to show what I was really made of. And while it wasn't good enough for the Dean of the YAC, it felt good knowing that I had given my all and, at least, the audience enjoyed it.

Gina came back, Kourtney had her debut, Ashlyn nailed 'Wondering' (the best ballad in the show) and Miss Jenn finally got to say her line. It was amazing for everyone. Even for Ricky. While his mom may have shown up with her new boyfriend, Todd, the whole time he was on stage, or should I say gym floor, he gave a performance to remember. But my favourite part of the whole day, didn't happen until after the show had finished.

When I was packing up, trying to forget about the YAC, Ricky came into the room. It was awkward to say the least. We exchanged some small talk before I could see his eyes getting red. He was definitely upset that the musical was over, and he didn't know what he was going to do with himself now that it was over. I could tell that he wanted to say so much more than the 'I guess so' that he responded to my video games suggestion. Then just as I was walking away, it all came out.

'I love you. I've loved you since you picked up your ukulele and wrote a song about clouds. A silly little song about clouds, I love you'.

My heart melted at his words. All the memories of our past, reminding me why I loved the boy that was standing in front of me, finally confessing his true feelings for me. I could see the relief slowly form in his face as he opened himself up to me. So, when he began stumbling on his words in the cute way that he does sometimes, I stopped him. And we kissed. And it felt amazing.

After months of hurt and heart break we were finally back together. We were Ricky and Nini again.

And now, a week later, I am sitting across from the love of my life, in a really fancy restaurant, on our first proper date since we got back together. I have obviously been staring at him too long because he starts to wave his hand in front of my face.

'Hey, Earth to Nini.' He says, giving one of his cute little laughs.

'Sorry, I got lost in the view' I reply, smiling back at him. 'Where you saying something?'

His smile fades.

'Oh. I was just saying how happy I am to be here with you and that we are back together because it's what I've wanted since the summer. But it's whatever.' He says, looking down to the table, sadness in his eyes.

'I'm so sorry. 'Im glad too, I really am. This is the best feeling ever.' I say, feeling guilty. 'Ricky don't be sad. I'm sorry, I just got distracted by you.'

I hear him give a sniff, like he was crying.

'Oh, Ricky don't cry. I'm sorry.' I say, feeling tears making their way to my eyes. 'Ricky?'

I see his shoulders start to move up and down more and more. Oh god, I've made him cry. 'Ricky?'

He lifts his head up, letting out a huge laugh.

'Richard Bowen!' I whisper shout, trying not to draw even more attention to us.

'Ah, Nini I'm sorry, but you should've heard yourself. You sounded so worried.' He said in between laughs.

I kick him under the table, shooting him a glare. 'That was not funny!'

'C'mon, Nins, I was just playing.' He says, rubbing his leg, 'You have to admit, it was a little bit funny.'

I couldn't contain the small smile that crept onto my face. 'Ok, ok maybe a little.' I say kicking his leg again.

'Oww, what was that one for?' he asked, reaching for his leg.

'Just felt like it.' I say giving him a playful smile. He smiled back at me. Man, that smile is intoxicating.

'I love you.'

I have now heard Richard Bowen say those words to me twice. And it is the most amazing feeling ever.

'I love you too.' I tell him. I see him get the attention of the waiter for the check. He pays for the meal, despite me telling him five times that we can split it.

'It's my treat.' He says as we get up to walk out of the restaurant to his car. He opens the door for me, and I plant a small kiss on his cheek before I climb inside.

Ricky pulls out of the parking lot and we are on our way home when he reaches his hand over to my leg and starts to gently run his thumb over my skin. I sigh into his touch. I could be the tensest a person has ever been, and he could take it away with the smallest amount of contact with me. I love that he has that effect on me.

'Have I told you that you look amazing?' he asks, flashing a quick smile at me before returning his eyes to the road. He's only told me like 15 times since he picked me up earlier.

'Once or twice.' I say, returning the smile and letting out a small giggle. He flashes me another of his beautiful smiles.

'Well, I'm gonna say it every day for the rest of our lives.' His eyes meet mine and we remained locked in each other loving gaze.

'Eyes on the road, Bowen' I say, slapping him arm and blushing a little. When he returns his eyes to the road, I catch a glimpse of his dog tag. I gave it to him on the night of the musical, hoping to god that he liked it. Stamped into it were the words 'To: Freaky Callback Boy'; a homage to the role he played. He gave me a pick with 'To Freaky Math Girl' inscribed on it. It was then that I realised we were so in sync. And it was then that I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Ricky Bowen.

I go to tell him this but as I do, Ricky yells.

'Oh sh— '

I am jerked violently forward. A sharp pain shoots through my skull before all I see is darkness. 

------------------------

A/N:

Hey,

This is my first fanfic of HSMTMTS so im sorry if its not very good.

Let me know what you think and i will try and post more parts soon.

-olly0512