Chapter 3

*Nini POV*

I can feel the bright lights shining through my eyelids as I regain consciousness. I don't know how long I was asleep, but it definitely wasn't long enough. I can feel my head throbbing; my whole body feels stiff as a board. Wow, I must have slept in a really funny position last night. Last night. Last night. I really can't remember much of last night. Must have been a tough day.

I open my eyes. I shut them and open them again. I do this two more times hoping for a different outcome because there is no way what I am seeing is real. I open my eyes again very slowly. A sudden jolt of fear rushes through my body as I begin to fully comprehend where I am.

'Ah, Nini, you are awake.' I hear a deep, kind voice says. I try to sit myself up in the bed when a huge amount of pain explodes in my right wrist. I fall, my head hitting the soft pillow.

'I wouldn't try and sit up to quickly, Nini. You hurt your wrist bad and you might start to feel a bit sick.' Just as the man says this, I know exactly what he means. I begin to feel slightly dizzy and a sick feeling hits my stomach. But why. I slowly begin to prop myself up with my left hand.

'You're doing very well today, Nini. In fact, you may even be able to go home today.'

'Why am I-' is what I try to say before I hear my name being yelled.

'NINI!' Before I can respond, both my moms are basically on top of me pulling me into a hug.

'Hey, moms' I say letting out a small chuckle.

'Ah we are so glad you are awake. We really didn't want to go home but we were assured that you were ok, and we thought we better go home and get some proper rest so we would be good to help you properly.' This sentence came out very quickly and I could it was because of a mixture of worry and relief.

'What happened? Why am I here?' I ask them. But before I can get an answer, I hear my name being yelled yet again from across the room.

'NINI!!!'

A stampede of all my friends makes its way over to me and they engulf me in a massive hug. I wince at the pain in my wrist as it is crushed against my body. Kourtney, Gina, Red, Ashlyn, Carlos and Seb are all here, suffocating me and talking really fast over one another.

'OHMYGODAREYOUOKICANTBELIEVEITHOWAREYOUWHATHAPPENEDOHMYGOD!!!' is all I hear as my friends pull away and bombard me.

'Guys, guys chill. Im ok...I think.' I say trying to defuse their manic behaviour.

'Nini,' Kourtney starts, looking worried, ' you are taking this very well.'

'What do you mean? Why am I here?' I ask again and this time I get an answer. But not before I am greeted with many worried and sad faces.

'Nini, you were in a car accident last night.' Momma C says, placing a hand lovingly on my shoulder.

I freeze at her words. My body turns to lead as I sit staring at her. I feel my lower jaw almost hit the floor. A car accident. I was in a car accident. I can't believe it.

'Wha....whe....but how? I can't drive!' I say worried, scared and confused. This makes no sense I have never driven a car in my life, and I can't have been in the car with any of my friends or my moms because they were all here unscathed. Just as Momma C was going to elaborate, the whole groups attention was shifted to the door to the room. I turn my head with them to see who it is. I am greeted with the sight of a cute, curly haired boy standing tall with a slight smile on his face.

*Ricky POV*

I woke up last night to Carol nudging my shoulder. She said that she needed to take me home so that we all could get some proper rest so we could help Nini properly. After a couple minutes of light argument, they finally convinced me to leave with them. The entire ride home, I was jumpy. I kept thinking that we were going to crash and there would be a repeat of the earlier accident. They dropped me off at my house and I went up into my room and collapsed on my bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was gone.