Chapter 9

*Nini POV*

The rest of the day has been a mixed bag of emotions. When I got home I spent a while just looking at the picture of me and Ricky, trying to remember anything I could. But I got nothing but that warm feeling that it filled me with. I knew it has to mean something. But until I remember, it wont mean anything to me.

At the same time, I was thinking about EJ. That kiss in the park, it was something else. And I know that I like him. The feeling of certainty surrounding it made me feel good. I want that feeling. I don't know what my past with Ricky is. I don't know if I ever will. But I want to live in the moment. I don't want to reminisce about the past. Although I know I need to remember somethings to help everyone around me, I need to help myself too.

So, I picked up my phone and opened EJ's contact. Just as I was about to call him, however I got a text form Gina telling me to meet her at the park in half an hour. I knew she wanted to talk to me to settle what had happened at Ricky's earlier in the day, so I put a hold on my conversation plans with EJ, grabbed my jacket and made my way to the park.

When I eventually reach the park, I see Gina sitting on a bench right in front of me. Just as I am about to walk over to her, I am suddenly filled with anxiety. She seemed really angry with me at Ricky's and I don't want a repeat of that.

After calming myself down, I make my way over to her and sit down. 'Hi' I say, and she gives me a small smile.

'Hi, Nini. Im gonna get right to the point. Why did you cheat on Ricky?' Her look is not one of anger or annoyance. It is more intrigued. Like she really wants to understand what is going on, on both sides.

'Gina, from where I stand, I didn't cheat on Ricky. I don't remember who he is.' This elicits a very, very confused look from her.

'Nini, I'm not sure I follow.'

'Yeah, join the club.' I say. 'Look, when I woke up in the hospital, as you know, I had no idea that I was in a car accident. Another thing I didn't know was who the hell the slightly cute, curly brown-haired boy was who joined the welcoming party who greeted me when I did wake up. I tried to play it cool because all of you guys seemed fine with him being there, so I didn't want to confuse the whole situation anymore. And, quite frankly, I was freaked the hell out and just wanted to go home and get away from it all.'

I pause to let Gina take it all in. Unsurprisingly, her face has gone from confused to overwhelmed.

'Ok,' she starts, 'but why did you kiss EJ?'

'Well, when I got home, I saw a picture of me and Ricky on what I assume is valentines day. I got freaked out even more and my moms were telling me that Ricky is my boyfriend and that we have known each other since kindergarten.' Gina is nodding along in a way that tells me she knows exactly what I mean. I mean of course she would. Everyone knows more about my history with Ricky than I do. 'So, I ran away because it was all too overwhelming. I made my way to the park and EJ found me there. He came to comfort me and before I knew it I was kissing him. And I was doing It because I know that I like him. That is one certainty out of all of the nonsense that is going on right now.'

I take a breath, only now realising that I was talking really fast. It feels good to tell someone everything. Even if I run the chance of being hated for what I did to Ricky.

'Wow, that's a lot.' Gina says, taking a breath herself. We just sit for a moment, letting it all sink in.

'Well, I guess the next step is to tell Ricky.' I say.

'No! Nini, you can't tell Ricky. Not yet at least. He is hurting right now and if you tell him you don't remember him it will only make it worse.'

She is right. I've already hurt Ricky enough today. I need to give him his time.

'Another thing, Nini. If you like EJ now after you have lost part of your memory, I think you may have liked him at least some bit before you did.' Gina says. She looks sad at her own words. Then I realise why this is a problem. From what everyone has told me, I loved Ricky Bowen. But if I liked EJ at the same time, even if I didn't know it, our relationship was sitting on a ticking time bomb.

'Nini.' Gina says, pulling me out of a trance. I look at her as she continues, 'I think you both need your time to heal. You should both go your separate ways for a while. You need to focus on getting better and hopefully, you will get your memories back and you might be able to sort this whole thing out with Ricky.' She lays her hand on my shoulder reassuringly. I just nod my head in agreeance.

'Ill talk to Ricky and let the group know what's happening.' She says and she turns and walks out of the park.

I Just sit. Looks like I won't be talking to Ricky for a while. But I know its for the best. We do both need our time and I know Gina will let Ricky down easy. Its time for both of us to heal. And for me, I know exactly how I am going to do that.

Ten minutes later and EJ is pulling up outside the park in his car. As he approaches me, I get up to meet him. Before he can say anything, however I pull his neck down so my lips can meet his. After a while, I pull away.

'So...you wanna go get dinner?' he asks prompting a laugh from me. I just take his hand and let him guide me to his car.

I can say for certain that I am happy with EJ Caswell.

-------------------

A/N

Hey,

Here is the next chapter. Thank you all for reading.

I don't know if you guys have noticed but I am kinda coming up with this story as I write it. I have a vague idea of where I want it to go but most of the ideas come when I am sitting down and actually writing.

Let me know what you think.

-olly0512