Chapter 7

*Nini POV*

After ten seconds, I pull away from the kiss. I just sit, looking into EJ's eyes and a smile forms on my face. This one certainty makes all of the troubles that have been clawing at me for the last day feel non-existent. It feels good. it feels right.

That is until I see EJ look over my shoulder just as I hear the failed attempt to stifle a cry behind me. My eyes find the curly, brown hair that covers the back of Ricky's head as he runs in the opposite direction to us. Suddenly, my body is filled with guilt and regret. I'm sure I don't know this boy, so these emotions confuse me. But I am told by everyone around me that he was close to me. And his reaction to me kissing EJ aligns with all his other actions from the moment I met him yesterday.

I turn back to EJ. 'Don't worry about him, he's always been a bit of a cry baby.' He flashes one of his cute smiles, but the comment does not go unnoticed in me.

'I think I should go see if he is ok,' I say as I start to get up. EJ's hand finds my wrist, preventing me from leaving.

'Don't worry about it, I doubt you are the one he wants to comfort him right now anyway.' With this I cannot argue. If what I think is true and what everyone around me is telling me is true, Ricky thinks I have just cheated on him.

This thought makes me feel extra guilty. But its not my fault. I don't know him. As far as I'm concerned, I've only known the person I am supposed to be in love with for less than a day. None the less, I get up, pulling my wrist out of EJ's grasp and begin after Ricky.

'I'll text you!' I shout back at EJ as I set off in a steady jog.

I've been jogging for five minutes when I suddenly realise I don't know where Ricky lives. I pull out my phone to see if I can find his number. When I do, I call it, but he doesn't pick up. No wonder. So, I open up Snapchat and look for him on Snap Map. After a while, I spot his little figure and make my way to the house.

I have no idea what I am going to say to him. I have no idea what I want to say to him. All I know is that I hurt him, and I need to check on him. I need to try and remember something too. I have to do that for all my friends and my family because I can tell that if I don't, a lot of things will be ruined.

I arrive at Ricky's door. All I can do is stand here. I try to find the words to say but my mind is blank.

Suddenly, the door opens in front of me and I am met by Gina looking at me with a neutral expression.

'Hi.' Is all I manage to get out. I get nothing in response. 'Is Ricky here?'

Gina furrows a brow before answering, 'Yes. He is upstairs crying right now.' I haven't known Gina to be this cold since the wonderstudies drama between me and her. I stand, unable to process what was going on. Then suddenly, I am filled with jealousy. Right out of nowhere. This is accompanied by the extremely vague memory of being at a party.

'No, it's good. They have inside jokes, it's cute. They're 'we' now'

This sudden memory of a feeling hits me like a ton of bricks. The jealousy overtakes me, and I suddenly feel angry at the girl standing before me.

'What are you doing here?' I ask with a hint of venom in my tone.

'I could ask you the same thing,' She bites back, ' aren't you supposed to be kissing EJ right now?' She fakes a look at a watch on her wrist before looking back at me.

'I've come to see Ricky.' I say and she shakes her head at my response. What is with her. And why the hell is she in Ricky's house. I don't know why I am feeling this, but it is starting to take complete control of me.

Just as I am about to shout at Gina, I see Ricky come down the stairs and lock eyes with me. 'Ricky..' I say, but before I can say anymore he is back up the stairs. A few seconds later and his door has been slammed shut.

Gina turns back to me. A tear has made its way into my eye and I'm not sure why. Is it because I know I've hurt him? Is it because I'm angry that Gina is here? Or is it something more? Gina spots the tear and her face softens a little.

'Nini, I'm sorry, maybe you should go. I'll text you and we can meet up and talk?' At her words, I just nod my head. Anger and jealousy are still within me towards her, but I cannot explain them. Maybe talking to her will help me understand.

She shuts the door and I am left standing outside Ricky's house. I wipe the tear from my eye and set off home.

When I get home, I go straight to my room and shut the door. I feel horrible for hurting Ricky even though I still don't know him. What am I going to do? I know I need to remember but until then I can't stop my feelings. I feel guilty but I also still like EJ and I can't stop that. That kiss wasn't nothing. I wouldn't have done it if it was. What am I going to do? What am I going to do?

I spot the picture of me and Ricky again. One of my moms must have returned it to my room when I left in a rush earlier.

But this time, when I look at it, I am not filled with confusion. I am filled with a warmth that prompts a sigh from me. When I realise what I am doing, I quickly stand up, surprised by my actions.

What is happening? What am I doing? What am I going to do?

-------------

A/N

Hey,

First of all , thank you so much for 300 reads. It probably doesn't sound like a lot but for someone who is new to this that is crazy

Also, thank you to everyone that has voted on this story and those who have added to their reading lists.

I hope you like this chapter. Let me know what you think and any suggestions for what you would like to see :)

-olly0512