Chapter 11

*Nini POV*

It has been about a week since I woke up in the hospital. A week since everything changed. A week since I spoke to EJ. Since I kissed EJ!

Gina talked to Ricky the day after I woke up. It was decided that we would give each other space. I needed the space to recover. My wrist was still slightly messed up and I was still getting headaches. Moreover, I was still trying to remember. For my friends' sake.

The drama group agreed to split up for a while to help me and Ricky get the space we needed. I was hanging out with Kourtney, Seb and Carlos while Ricky was hanging out with Red and Gina. Ashlyn was floating between the groups acting as a way of connection I guess. I was grateful to them for it. The fact they were prepared to do something like that for me made my heart melt.

But not as much as my heart melted when I was with EJ.

He has been hanging out with the group on occasion and I have been seeing him over the week. Spending time with him is bliss. We can talk all night and never run out of things to talk about. Being with him just feels right.

With EJ and all of my friends, I can just forget about the accident and relax. But throughout the week my mind still made its way to Ricky. I hurt him. I know that. But I am not the Nini he says he knows. None the less, I feel bad for not sorting things out with him before I kissed EJ. I know I need to talk to him about what is going to happen next. For all our sakes. We need to be one big happy group again and for that to happen, Ricky needs to know where I stand. He honestly seems like a really nice guy, so I am excited to get to now him and be his friend. But I need him to know that I am not his girlfriend because as far as I am aware, I never was.

Wow, that sounded so mean and I only said it in my head. This is not going to be easy.

Kourtney, Seb, Carlos and Ash are coming over, so I am going to take the opportunity to ask them what they think.

There is a knock at the door. I run downstairs to greet my overly excited friends. They all bundle into the house, almost knocking me over in the process.

'Guys! Calm down, calm down!' I say with a chuckle. The energy of this group is wild. We all situate ourselves in the living room and prepare for our movie night. When the popcorn is finally done and we have grabbed our drinks, we begin our watching of High School Musical for the four hundredth time in our lives.

'This movie will never get old!' Carlos exclaims making the group laugh as we all nod in agreement. We all sing and dance along as the movie plays through. When we get to 'When there was me and you' the others are silent as they let me have the solo just like in the production.

'Guuuuuuuys!' I whine as they all go silent, but they just shush me and encourage me to carry on. As I sing, a feeling keeps gnawing at me. A feeling of appreciation and attraction. Then, it is suddenly pulled away buy jealousy and sadness. This causes my performance of the song to falter and this does not go unnoticed in my friends.

'Hey, Nini, you alright?' Seb asks as I sit back down on the couch.

'Yeah, yeah I'm fine,' I say, trying to reassure them. They all give me a concerned look, but my smile convinces them of my words. We carried on with the movie and I let myself forget the weird wave of emotions.

When the movie comes to an end, we all cheer in appreciation of the masterpiece we just watched. We all get up and take the bowl and our glasses into the kitchen for popcorn and drink refills. I take this break as an opportunity to talk to them all about Ricky.

'Hey, guys, I think I wanna talk to Ricky.' I say and they all suddenly turn towards me shocked.

'Ok, that was out of nowhere. You sure you've given it enough time?' Ash asks.

'Yeah. I just wanna talk to him about where we go next. It's no big deal.' They all looked at me, weighing up what I just said. After they had thought about it for a second they all seemed to think it was a good idea.

'I'll let Gina know to let Ricky know.' Ashlyn says. I really hope that Ricky will understand, and we can all be back together as our big group of theatre nerd friends. The thought brings a smile to my face.

'OH! Are you guys excited for the Christmas charity dance on Friday? I really, really, really am' I say remembering about the exciting event.

'Hell yeah!' They all say in unison.

'We should totally all go shopping together to buy outfits for it,' Carlos says, and we all agree as we make our way back into the living room to continue our movie marathon

Monday has come around in no time and I am suddenly standing in front of my locker wondering how time can go so fast. Today is the day that I talk to Ricky. Today is the day the group reunites, and I can start to be friends with Ricky.

'Hey, Nini.' Speak of the devil.

'Hey, Ricky, how are you?'

'I-I'm good. Gina told me you wanted to talk?' I could see the hope in his eyes. I hope he doesn't think this is more than it is. No surely he doesn't. Ricky is mature, right. Im sure he knows the situation and wants to move on just like I do.

'Yeah, I just wanna talk abou – '

I was interrupted by loud music coming from the end of the hallway. I turned to see EJ slowly walking down the hall, his water polo buddies were trailing behind him, one of them holding a speaker as he sang the words to the tune coming from it.

Take my hand, I'll take the lead

And every turn will be safe with me.

Don't be afraid, afraid to fall

You know ill catch you through it all.

It's like catching lightning

The chances of finding someone like you

Its one in a million, the chances of feeling

The way we do

And with every step together

We just keep on getting better

So, can I have this dance?

Can I have this dance?

The song ends just as he reaches me. At this point, everyone's attention has been pulled to us and some people are filming. EJ takes my hands as his water polo buddies hold up a banner over his head that reads: 'Can I have this dance, Nini Salazar-Roberts?'

'Can I have this dance, Nini? Will you go to the Christmas dance with me?' He looks into my eyes hopefully. This all seems a bit much to ask me to the charity dance. And I love it!

'Yes, EJ. I will.' I say and he hugs me tightly. There are cheers from all the way down the hall.

'Oh, and one more thing,' he begins as he pulls away from the hug. ' Will you be my girlfriend?'

Ok, now I am really happy.

'Yes, yes. Of course!' I reply and this time I jump into his arms. There are more cheers as EJ pulls me into a kiss. When we finally pull away, the excitement in the hallway has died down and EJ has left for class, I remember Ricky.

'Oh, Ricky, I'm so sorr – ' But he is no longer standing there. I feel a pang of guilt as I realise he must have left for class when EJ came over. But the happiness of EJ now being my boyfriend has made me giddy. I make a note to myself to talk to Ricky at some point soon and let myself get lost in the wonderful feeling that comes with the excitement of what the future will hold.

-------------------

Hey,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Poor Ricky. Things just don't seem to be going his way right now :(

Let me know what you think. Next chapter will be out as soon as I write it.

-olly0512