Chapter Thirty-Five:

The Queen screamed in rage and threw her screen to the floor, where it smashed into many pieces. She had just watched Scarlett slaughter the vampire - her best girl. She was dead. Her vampire was dead and her daughter was lose.

"That damn king! Why?! Why couldn't he see she was a danger?! And now she's gone killing innocent children-"

She wasn't very innocent, and she wasn't that much of a child, either, Rosalie thought. She had been banished to the corner to watch Scarlett's death, a brutal punishment from the Queen, but Scarlett hadn't died. Rosalie couldn't help but grinning a little bit.

"You!" the Queen screamed, jabbing a pointy red-painted fingernail at Rosalie. "This is your fault! You couldn't have grabbed her-"

The King, Scarlett's father, walked in, frowning. "What's this nonsense? Why are you screaming?"

The Queen pouted like a spoiled child. "Addi didn't kill Scarlett. Scarlett killed Addi."

"Good for her," the King grunted. "I don't want to hear about it. It was your own idea to use vampires. They are very untrustworthy, you know."

The Queen screamed in rage again. "You - how dare you-"

"Oh, shut up," the King said, throwing himself down on the bed.

"Follow me," the Queen yelled at Rosalie. "Time for your punishment."